New, in WA state...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sandie_Morehead, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Hi. Name's Sandie.

I own a G17, Gen 2 - imported. Previous owner had it put through the voluntary recall back in the early 90s, as well as had night sights added while it was at the Smyrna, GA shop.

Previous owner was an older guy, sold it to us for about $150.

Absolutely ADORE my Glock. Having some issues with sighting it with these sights though, but I guess that comes with practicing more. No need to twist my arm there!

However, the hubby is not fond of a 9mm. He says there's no stopping power and would prefer I have a 40 or 45.

Eventually, I probably will pick up a larger calibre Glock - just debating on it. Any suggestions? I like to carry on me, so I don't need a hand cannon...and I carry inside pants waist, not a purse, so it can't be too big. Personally, I like the size of my 9mm, so something similar would be good.

2. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

Sounds like you need the 26. As for stopping power, I believe it's all about the kind of bullet and the placement. Hell, I have a friend who stopped a bear with a .22LR!!!

3. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

P.S. I am also in Wa.

4. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the Glock Forum Sandie!

5. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

6. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

W e l c o m e
    to the family :)

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Sandie. Enjoy!

8. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Sandie! So glad you're here. I also have the 9mm's and love them. I feel like they are plenty of firepower although my hubs prefers the .40 cals. My EDC is a G26 gen4 and I love her. I have no problem concealing her whether IWB, OWB or in a carry purse. Do you have a range nearby where you could rent different models to see what works for you?

9. Thanks for all the welcomes!

GAGal - Yep! We just went to our first indoor range yesterday. Did not rent any guns then but I probably will the next time I go. I want to try the G23 to see how it feels.

We normally go to an outdoor shooting area, but the owners had changed the rules and too many yahoos went there, making practice unsafe and not fun. Too many dipwads unloading their mags without regard to other shooters in the area, spraying all targets, theirs or not. UGH. Anyway, we'll just stick to an indoor range now.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

11. Ranger45

Ranger45 Senior Member

Welcome from NC!

12. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum! Stick around, you will like it here!

13. Welcome to the forum. My brother-in-law just moved to WA. Looking forward to the first visit.

Best of luck picking a weapon. So many good possible choices, you may just have to get a few! :)

14. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Sandie, What do you think of the new alcohol privatization in your state?

15. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

Sorry for jumping in.... It was a great idea until the state decided to imposed a 21% tax on top of the sales tax!! If you buy at Costco, privatization saves us about $5-7 a bottle. (1.75L) we have the highest "sin tax" in the nation I believe.

16. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I am gonna start a thread about this very subject in Off Topic so we don't hijack. But, The press is trying to make it appear as those nasty old capitalist have made you all not be able to afford booze, Funny, they NEVER mention the 21% TAX!!!

17. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

And don't forget our 8.3% sales tax on top of that. That's almost 30 PERCENT!!

18. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

I stand corrected. There is also a per litre tax!!

Attached Files:

19. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

Welcome! Miss the northwest. I used to live in Spokane but was from the south and been back here since 05'
    Thank the lord and pass the ammunition!