New Holster from Defensive Holsters

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by buzznrose, Jun 30, 2012.

1. I just received my OWB kydex for my G21 and I was very surprised and delighted at same time. Ordered on Monday, shipped Thursday, at my house Saturday! Are you kidding me?

I was surprised by the strength of the Kydex, heavier than my Crossbreed, but still weighs SE as a Sherpa. Retention is solid, and I love the fit. I'm headed to the steel range today so plan on lots of speed work from draw and will see how it goes.

Side benefit is it fits my 23 pretty well too, including retention, so that will help at the range.

The pics are with my G21 in it and my G23 in it, fully loaded, upside down.

image-3774534825.jpg

Thanks to Mike for superb service! I'll be back when you get that double mag pouch worked out...

Attached Files:

2. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

Mind taking a pick of the other side?

3. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Congrats on the new holster. I too recently got mine and love it. Its surprising that the 23 fits in the holster designed for the 21. Just goes to show that holster holds your weapon firm

4. I will get one out later.

5. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I have one as well & love it. Hugs the body & conceals good ;)

Attached Files:

6. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

That is true even with the light option.

Attached Files:

7. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

And what is the sweat guard?

8. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Its the pice sticking out. It keeps the gun off your skin. I like it.

Correction it keeps the slide off your skin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  9. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

Oh ok. Can you post a pick of the back. What holds it in place, Is it a clip or a loop or what?

10. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I'm at work and don't have it with me but I will post a pic tonight, but the sweat guard isn't an attachment. It is an option when ordering a holster. It is apart of the holster.

11. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

I mean how does the holster stay in place iwb? I there a clip or Velcro or what?

12. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Here's the back of mine with a sweat guard

The sweat guard is the long extra piece that covers the slide. It keeps it off your body.

Attached Files:

13. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

O sry. Though you meant the sweat guard. The holster has two belt loops in the back. If you go to his website he has links to vids on youtube. That way you can get a better look at them. But the belt loops are kydex with rubber bushing all held together by a screw. It a solid platform.

14. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

IWB just remove the belt holders and install the leather straps that come with IWB/OWB MODEL

Attached Files:

15. Pics of back and top

image-3910137795.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Ash,

What belt do you wear with your holster? I was using mine with a light duty military nylon belt and seemed too thin. Are you using a thick nylon belt?

17. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I wear a law pro leather belt. It's 1.5". It holds it pretty well but I'm looking at a bull leather belt. I have heard really good things about them.

18. Bull leather? Who makes them?

19. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

That's the brand. Hold on and I will find a video and post a link.