new here... kinda

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TyFerris, Jul 8, 2012.

1. TyFerris

TyFerris New Member

new from Iowa was told to head here and give an intro about myself and my glocks... well i joined to gather more info on my future glock... don't own one yet but own may other firearms. started with shotguns and rifles and have quite a few of those and in the past years have started gettin into hand guns. turned of age this pass year to acquire my CCW, purchased a Ruger sr9 full-size and LOVE the gun, have not had one problem with the 1500 round i have had down range. only problem is that its full-size and its harder to carry comfortably in the summer. so the hunt is on, ive always wanted a glock so here my excuse to get one. looking for a subcompact model that will except other calipered barrels i started a thread in the info section and have gotten some replies there. looking for one gun to shot 9mm, .357 and .40s&w. believe one guy told me the glock 27 would fit that category, any info let me know thanks

2. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

3. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Welcome! Enjoy yourself!!

4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum.

Attached Files:

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello TyFerris, and WELCOME to the Forum!

6. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Welcome to the Forum from AZ!

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome to the forum! And yes, the 27 would be able to shoot all of those calibers. For the 9mm, you would have to get a conversion barrel, 9mm extractor, and Glock 26 mags for it to be fully reliable. For the .357 sig, all you would need to buy is the barrel. You could even buy a stock Glock barrel and drop it right in, same mags and everything. I have a Glock 23, and I do plan to buy the parts to convert to both of these calibers one day.

8. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Fprum TY. Enjoy!

9. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum.

10. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

11. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum.
    being able to convert calibers is a good thing.

D

12. TyFerris

TyFerris New Member

thanks jimmy for the info, do you have any idea how hard extractors are to swap out would like the gun to be changeable quickly, but i already have a 9mm so maybe i wont go that far and just have to buy ANOTHER glock haha

13. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum!
    Stick around, you will like it here!