Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, decided to download the app as I have been doing research on the glock 22 .40
I will joining the police academy in the fall of this year and honestly I'm not too familiar with hand guns. Someone recommended the Glock 22 and after seeing a lot of videos and reviews I believe I will be going with this gun. I love the versatility and what seems to be a very reliable gun.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome again mikey!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum mikey! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Welcome! A lot of police officers in my city use the Glock 22 for their duty gun (the department here gives choices within limitations) as well as many polie officers around the nation. They carry Glock for a reason.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have the G-22 gen3 and love it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jimmyalbrecht said:
Welcome! A lot of police officers in my city use the Glock 22 for their duty gun (the department here gives choices within limitations) as well as many polie officers around the nation. They carry Glock for a reason.
At first I was debating between the G22 and the Beretta 92fs. After doing some research I'm gonna get the Glock as my carry gun but I will eventually buy myself a beretta as well as a personal gun. Have you had any experience with berettas?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,194 Posts
Beretta makes a good gun. I'm not a fan of DA/SA triggers. I'd recommend shooting one to see if you like it first. If you are looking to change out sights make sure you get one with dovetail front sight. IMO Glock is much simpler(less parts) less things to go wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Danzig said:
Beretta makes a good gun. I'm not a fan of DA/SA triggers. I'd recommend shooting one to see if you like it first. If you are looking to change out sights make sure you get one with dovetail front sight. IMO Glock is much simpler(less parts) less things to go wrong.
That's one thing I have liked so much about my reviews on the glock - the simplicity. I have never shot a glock yet I feel like I already know so much about it from videos and articles. I will be purchasing my G22 in less than a month and just wanted to make sure I knew as much as possible. The simplicity along with the reliability is a major plus. It seems maybe it being so simple that it would be cheap, unreliable, etc. but seems like I hear nothing but good about Glock. So you could say im definitely convinced

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,194 Posts
mikey75110 said:
That's one thing I have liked so much about my reviews on the glock - the simplicity. I have never shot a glock yet I feel like I already know so much about it from videos and articles. I will be purchasing my G22 in less than a month and just wanted to make sure I knew as much as possible. The simplicity along with the reliability is a major plus. It seems maybe it being so simple that it would be cheap, unreliable, etc. but seems like I hear nothing but good about Glock. So you could say im definitely convinced
I thought I was a died in the wool forged steel, tight tolerances pistol guy until I experienced the Glock in the early 90's. I thought how can a gun with 4 points of contact with the slide rails, a gun you can see daylight through the gaps in between upper and lower and plastic frame of all things work. It does and it works better than just about any handgun out there. Some others might shoot tighter groups but are probably not as reliable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.