New guy from Utah

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ModernMusashi, Feb 15, 2012.

1. ModernMusashi

ModernMusashi New Member

New guy checking in and saying hi. I'm a full time martial arts instructor from the Salt Lake valley and 2 weeks ago I bought my very first Glock, G23 gen 3 and I love the thing. I have done a lot of skeet shooting and long gun shooting but never got into pistol shooting until a friend and fellow instructor got me into some combat pistol training. I did some research and found that Glock was about as good as it gets.

2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Good choice! Welcome to the Glock Forum! Are you going to compete in any competitions (IPSC, USPSA, GSSF)?

3. ModernMusashi

ModernMusashi New Member

I would like to down the road, need work on the form a little bit first. I took my G23 out Friday and put about 100 rounds threw it. After 25 feet my grouping gets a little big. I shoot alittle low, I'm dropping the muzzle waiting for the recoil

4. Welcome to the Forum Modern!!!

5. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome! Yeah I had the same problem at first. The G23 has a good little snap to it, but I love mine.

6. ModernMusashi

ModernMusashi New Member

Yeah, I think about 100 more rounds down range will get it. The only other pistol I really put rounds threw was a semi auto .22...... The .40 has a little more jump then that did.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum ModernMusashi !!