Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Glock family. I have always liked Glock but never owned one until the other day. I traded in my 12 month old Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm for a brand new Glock 17 (Gen 4). I have to say, the difference between the two are like night and day. The trigger pull is a lot smoother on the Glock and I did not have one malfunction after putting nearly 200 rounds through it the first day I bought it. On the other hand, I had problems with the Sigma from day one from an impossible trigger pull (I could never get use to) and problems with failing to eject from day one. The sigma would fail to eject at least once during per magazine. In fact, it failed to eject the first day I shot it. After 600 rounds, I got tired of it and I eventually sent the gun back to Smith who repaired the firearm by replacing the ejector but failed to address the trigger pull issue. I promptly traded it for the gun I really wanted, the Glock. After trade in allowance and discounts, I only paid around 245.00 out the door for the new Glock. I am hoping that my new Glock ill give me a lifetime of good service and I regret from not saving my money and buying a Glock to begin with instead of the S&W knock off. I now have my eyes on adding either a 19 or 26 to keep my 17 company.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Welcome to the family!!!
I have worked on several Sigma pistols for friends of mine and they all feel the same as you.
You can lighten the trigger by changing the spring out and do a little polishing but it will never be the same as a Glock.
Congrads on your new Glock 17!!!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello TopherGlock17, and WELCOME to the Forum!

I feel the same way about by Sigma SW9 and SW40VE, trigger feel is less than desireable, and no, S&W will not do anything to improve the trigger for you, and in fact will remind you that work such as a trigger job will void the warranty. Be glad it is now gone...

CONGRATS on your 17.....I enjoy my 26 immensely and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

Cheers!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome topher! Enjoy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After putting my over 400 rounds through my Glock, I field strip it the other day and noticed a number inside the slide that is different from the serial number. Can anyone tell me what that number is in reference too?

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum!
Stick around, you will like it here!

Good score on your new 17!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Welcome & congrats on the new G17. I love my S&W revolvers, never been a fan of the S&W autos though.

Take a pic of the number in the slide & put it up in a thread of it's own, somebody will get you an answer on it,

Enjoy the forum.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Tennessee member. That "other number" is just a part number for whatever you were looking at(probably the trigger bar) so I'd not worry too much about it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After nearly 4 months of ownership, i have now fired nearly 1200 rounds through my Glock 17. I am still amazed and impressed with the accurate and how reliable the glock. I have not had any jams, misfires, or any the negative issues that I had with my previous Sigma. I also like the trigger pull and how accurate I am with the Glock. My groupings are consistent but I still need in getting dead center. with every pull of the trigger. I tend to hit to the left of the dead center of the target.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts