Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! Just thought I'd check the forum out. Bought my first glock (27 gen4) about 6 months ago or so and love it.

It's currently at a guys place in town being duracoated.

Hope to learn a lot here!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome! Once you get it duracoated, you have to post a picture. Did you go with black or another color?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Different color. Same as I did on my PF9 which was Sniper green with a titanium slide.

A pic for reference. It's almost OD green, but a bit different.

But I'll definitely post pics when I get it back. Should be another week and a half or so. :(

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
One word...SEXY!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome,

How does the Duracoat hold up? Does it Scratch or wear easily

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I've only had the pf9 back for 2 weeks or so. It's been in my pocket every day and so far you can't see any wear. The guy who did it said it will wear over time like any finish on a gun will. I shouldn't have any premature wear though.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

I own three Kel Tec PF-9's...two were just recently given as Christmas presents to my wife and daughter to conceal carry.

I like the look of that Duracoat...mind me asking how much ?!

·
Dj Studter
244 Posts
Hey there Ty, I see you are also here in Vegas. Both guns look nice. Might I ask where you went here in Vegas to get them done? Ive called a couple places out of state and was quoted about six times that amount. Nice truck btw

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks! And his name is Don. Here's his website that shows a lot of his work. www.goldenloki.com

Not sure what part of town you're in. But I'm in the NW and he lives about 3 min from me. (He works out of his home) Can't really go wrong there!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Welcome, Tys 4X4, from a fellow Nevadan (northern, though)!

My comments on your Glock..............

... did you hear the sound of the drool hitting the keyboard?

NICE! :D

Beautifully done! Keep us posted as to the durability of the new finish!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you!! Might want to wipe that up! haha

I've taken it to the range twice since I've had it done. 100-150 rds each time. And have had no problems yet. I've also carried it almost everyday since I had it done, and it's showing no signs of wear.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts