Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I have just recently become the proud owner of a new G26 Gen4 and Carry License in Pa. After getting my gun I immediatly started customizing it (Have to....I'm a southpaw). Reversed the mag release, ordered and installed an extended slide stop, polished....well lots of stuff as you can see, and did the .25 trigger job on it. I immediatly got my CCW and I am now waiting on my Crossbreed Holster to come in. I've been on here for about 3 weeks now and I've learned a lot in addition to all of the research I've done about Glocks, legal, tactical, and the lifestyle of being a sheepdog. I look forward to talking to everyone.
Shoot Safe!

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

Office supplies Tool Writing implement Wood Jewellery

Trigger Air gun Bullet Gun barrel Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello (again!), RRoss!

Nice looking '26 you got there! And Gen4, too!

Just curious, how do you carry now (at least, until your CB comes in)?

Cheers!

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happysniper1 said:
Hello (again!), RRoss!

Nice looking '26 you got there! And Gen4, too!

Just curious, how do you carry now (at least, until your CB comes in)?

Cheers!
Thank you! To answer your second question first: Yes, however I am looking into USCCA membership first (Little bit more pricy) and a range membership which is about $280 locally...in due time my friend, yes I will.
Now your first question: Being a southpaw I'm carrying it at the 8 o'clock position IWB without a holster. I sinch my belt tight to make sure it doesn't move while there, and surprisingly I haven't had any issues with it doingso. Before you get nervous, I go through a routine every time I get my gun from the safe: Pull mag, rack slide 3x, do visual check of chamber, dry fire (click), insert magazine, slide between pants and body. I do this to ensure that there is no chance of an "Accidental discharge," nothing in the chamber, nothing to go bang accidentally. I will be carrying Condition 1 when my holster comes in however.
Inly issue I've had with the above routine is at the end of the day when taking it off it leaves a print of the handle and mag release (cuz its reversed), which is why I'm SO looking forward to getting that CB holster.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hmm....does the toned-down RTF grip on the Gen4 bother you?

Just curious. I had a chance to carry the very first release of the RTF, and that grip pattern rubbed me raw! I tried so hard not to hate it, because it's a Glock, but in the end I did not buy it from my buddy who was trying to sell it to me and who loaned it to me for a day to "take it for a test run".

Nope, didn't get nervous reading your post, as a lot of Members choose to carry IWB with no holster (that's why the Clipdraw and the MIC holster were invented!), especially when I got to the part where you imply carry with the chamber clear but mag full.

Another curiosity: have you timed drawing and charging the weapon? A lot of Members are strongly polarized on one side or the other about the issue of carrying with one in the chamber, some very passionately so, which is why I ask.

Of course, this all becomes moot when the CB comes in.

Good luck, and safe shooting!

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I wear it, it does rub a bit but I wouldn't say it rubs raw. I haven't made my mind up on the grip texture yet, I don't feel that I've put enough rounds through it yet to make that decision. As for the draw/rack motion, I've gotten it down to about 1.5 seconds during bedroom practice. Not great IMO, BUT, for now its better than not having it at all. Also, there's not telling what it'll be like under stress, this is why I'm hiring a buddy of mine who is a self defense instructor to train me when he gets back to the area in September.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Also, there's not telling what it'll be like under stress, this is why I'm hiring a buddy of mine who is a self defense instructor to train me when he gets back to the area in September.
Good for you! Too many people just assume they have the capability to draw (rack) and fire, without the benefit of any instruction or practice.

Hmm....being a lefty, does the case ejection path bother you at all? I've heard it bothers some, and I've heard it doesn't bother others. What's you take on it?

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm....being a lefty, does the case ejection path bother you at all? I've heard it bothers some, and I've heard it doesn't bother others. What's you take on it?
I really don't pay much attention to it unless I get the occasional brass to the face (then it kinda wakes me up). I am usually very focused on my sight picture and aim. I'm trying to teach myself how to shoot with both eyes open because in real world application, you're not going to take aim with just one eye. It's a skill I'm finding challenging to say the least.
Funny thing about the ejection port...I've always wondered what it would cost to have a custom gun made for a left hander...Glock style of coarse! :D

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum RRoss !!

Nice pics...What county in PA are you located ?

I'm in Montgomery County...

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well hello Shooter13!
I am in Lehigh County just outside Allentown.
And its great to be here

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats on your new weapon. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on how you'll carry once you have your CCW Permit. I'm an active Peace Officer in a small town in Colorado. I've gone through hours of formal training as well as many, many hours of personal training on the indoor and outdoor ranges. I have ALWAYS been taught to carry in Condition One, even before my formal training in the POST Academy. While your draw/rack time sounds fairly good, that small "extra" time to rack the weapon could cost you your life. Especially if you are RE-acting to a situation. Action is ALWAYS faster than RE-acting. Anything one can do to cut that time should be done, IMHO. The sooner you start practicing/training to carry in Condition One, the sooner you'll become familiar, comfortable and, most importantly, SAFE with it. The Glock "Safe-Action" system is a primary reason we are issued Glock 22's for our Duty sidearms, although I choose to carry a Glock 17L on Duty with a Glock 19 (with a 17 round mag) as a backup. The reasons for that are for a different discussion. I know this is a polarizing issue, so I encourage you to do your own research, get trained by highly qualified instructors, then decide on whether Condition One is for you. For me, I want every micro-second I can get on my side should I need to draw my weapon in a time-sensitive, stressful situation. Shoot Straight...

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Thanks for the input, Izltng.

I think what RRoss means is he carries this way, until the CB holster comes in, then it'll be Condition-1.

Cheers all!

·
Registered
40 Posts
FWIW, you're welcome. And yes, I understood that's what his thinking was, but I just wanted to throw my "opinion" out there. The way I was/am trained, many people "think" that because their "draw and rack" time is "close enough" that Condition One isn't necessary. Or, more honestly, they're not comfortable enough with their weapon (primarily due to lack of practice/training) to carry in Condition One. Obviously, to each his/her own, but I feel pretty strongly about this and it would be unfortunate for someone to get injured, or worse, because they "gave up" that SMALL amount of time to rack their weapon. Again, it's ONLY my OPINION, please no "flaming", : ). Shoot Straight...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts