Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,102 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you picked a great gun to start with and condolences on residing behind the lines in Commiefornia.

·
Premium Member
2,979 Posts
From SoCal, function fire it first before changing stuff out. Then only one part at a time. Don't worry about getting 10 rounds in the mag to start, they are just too stiff and will loosen up with time. Take shooting lessons from a local competition master.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ great advice.

I load up my Glock 10 round magazines full and let them sit. Afterwards easier to load. Welcome aboard from Los Angeles.
Thanks for the tip will definitely be doing this. I knew the springs were going to be stiff at first but was surprised by how hard it is to put in that 9th and 10th round.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the group.
Let me warn you...
It started with a Gen2 23 and now two conversion barrels later it shoots 9mm and 357 Sig too.
Then there's the Gen3 G20 and the 460 Rowland Lone Wolf build...

Welcome to the addiction.
Learn to shoot it well and be comfortable with it.
This only includes my Glock related experiences and not the others...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too echo the welcomes and the congrats etc. My first bang tool was also a Glock but of the 23 gen 0 variety. I chose it for reputation ,capacity and caliber . It has NEVER disappointed me . If I have a "moan", it's the trigger and that damn safety whatever. It digs into my trigger finger with EVERY pull. I also have a G20 for Illinois elephants and grizz with the SAME "moan".
But, enough of my moans. Welcome and keep one in the tube.

Mark

·
Registered
437 Posts
Howdy from Wyoming. I'm one of the few, maybe the only, none Glock shooter here. I just pick up tidbits of info for my Glock shooting grandson and annoy folks :) but welcome anyway.
My favorite handgun and what I usually carry when I carry is a S&W model 10-10 revolver in 38sp and next in line is a S&W 4566 pistol in 45acp. What can I say but that I'm an old fart. :cool:
Spent most of my young life, 54-68 in SoCal; even watched Disneyland get built and open but no way I'd go back there now.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..................

·
Registered
77 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts