new grip mods

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by brutusvk, Jul 12, 2012.

1. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I hope this is the right place to post this... and t is ok to do so. I have no connection to this service. But I have used them for gunsmithing in the past.

http://www.robarguns.com/glock.htm

2. dmax23

dmax23 Member

looks nice how good do they fill in your hand

3. Robar is REALLY expensive! I contacted them about doing a custom grip reduction and some other mods and their prices blew my mind! And it was an 8 week turnaround! So, for custom grip reduction/stippling and other mods to the frame, check out coldborecustoms.com. Owner Lane Owens is a full time LEO and does this as a side business. His work is awesome! $100 less for the exact same work and only a 2-3 week turnaround! I spoke with Lane on the phone a few days ago and he's a very polite and professional man. He's been really busy lately, so he's not excepting any new orders until the 23rd. Can't wait to get my G26 done! Everybody check him out! coldborecustoms.com

4. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Now that is a quality threadjack. If you click on the link you will see I was posting because they have a new type of grip mod. I could care less if anyone uses their service. This is just an entirely new thing that no one else offers.

5. My apologies for the "threadjack". Wasn't my intention. Cool mod! Happy shooting!

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Holy crap, that is awesome! It's like Gen4 interchangeable backstraps on crack lol. If I had $130 I would spend it on that right now, but I'm looking into getting a single stage reloading kit first.

7. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I may do this on my new G32. I can be the Guinea pig. My biggest thing is wait time.

8. jimmyalbrecht

If you do carry through with this, I want an update because this is one of the most awesome mods I have seen for a Glock just because of the versatility.

9. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Will do. If they can get it done in a reasonable time, I am there. I plan on making this my new duty weapon and I requal in Sept. Plus, I need to get my barrel fitted when it comes in. Or maybe the head honchos out at the range will let me qual on my 31 AND my 32. We'll see.

10. jimmyalbrecht

Your department allows you to make mods on your duty weapon like grip reduction? That is pretty awesome!

11. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Yeah, no trigger work allowed though. Night sights, barrels, and grips are ok. I think it is because of the 1911 guys wanting so many "toys" on their pistols. My G31 has it's grips done now. I have all the mods allowed already. After getting used to my 1911 and how it feels I had a hard time with the Glock grips. So I had them done. I have three different pistols with grip work and all three were done at different places. All turned out fine. Robar was by far the most expensive but the quality was best too. (they did my G20 not my G31. SGC did my G31 and they no longer off the service) I just think this new service they offer is pretty cool. EDIT: I just got off the phone with them and they said two weeks for law enforcement. So I should be good to go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  12. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Update:

I dropped my G32 off at Robar. We'll see how it turns out. Right now they are calling this their "rip system" since it doesn't have an official name yet. I suggest the "super cool awesome system" or "chameleon grip". Neither of which were implemented. lol

13. jimmyalbrecht

Haha awesome man. Post pics as soon as you get it back! Does the grip reduction really make the grip feel like a 1911? If so that's awesome because you get the feel of a 1911, and the reliability and capacity of a Glock :)

14. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Same grip angle more or less. Still not the slim feel though. I never had a problem with the Glock grips til I bought my 1911. I shot the heck out of it and it became the "natural" feel for me. But my 1911 is too purdy to carry around. lol

15. jimmyalbrecht

Yeah, there was a learning curve for me with the Glock. But I train with it the most so it feels natural.

16. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

My G32 is done. However, I work all day tomorrow. So I will pick it up monday. :D They did a rush and gave me 10% off. Will post pics monday and will also give a range report.

17. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Ok picked up my G32. I love it. I guess I was the first customer to get this done. It feels so much nicer than the gen 4 backstraps and the typical grip modification. Looks really slick in person. I wanted to go shoot it but I broke a crown and need to go to the dentist. (Spent too much time on the phone with insurance co and dentist!)

Anyhow, here are some pics.

Attached Files:

18. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Looks real nice. I'm guessing that you have the smallest strap on the gun.

19. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Yeah, it is just about straight in the back now. It really does feel like a Sig with one of the backstraps. The third feels just like a stock compact grip.

20. jimmyalbrecht

Thanks for posting pictures! How much did this cost you if you don't mind me asking?