Glock Firearms banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
That’s a sweet 45. When I looked at the pictures I was amazed at how much it looks like my S&W 469. It’s the first pistol I ever bought. Got it on my 21st B-day a few decades ago. Still have it.
Congratulations on a nice purchase!

·
Premium Member
14,080 Posts
That’s a sweet 45. When I looked at the pictures I was amazed at how much it looks like my S&W 469. It’s the first pistol I ever bought. Got it on my 21st B-day a few decades ago. Still have it.
I always wanted the S&W 645. It just looks cool. Google pic.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Thankee. A friend of mine in Denver also bought a 469 as his first pistol. Sweet shooter.
S&W stays with designs and features that work. They improve and modify them for different firearms but you can see stuff they introduced decades ago still being used in their modern day firearms.
My S&W model 10-10 38spl revolver is a perfect example of this. S&W has been making versions of this revolver since 1899 because it still works and works well. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............
Air gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

·
Premium Member
14,080 Posts
I have a blued 469, & used to have the model 59 also. They are/where my only blued models.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Since I wasn't real happy with either holster than came with the pistol I got this Bucheimer off Ebay. It's made for a Colt Commander but after I trimmed just a smidge of leather off for the rear sight it fits the S&W like a glove.
Bicycle saddle Bicycle part Fender Electric blue Leather

·
Premium Member
14,080 Posts
Since I wasn't real happy with either holster than came with the pistol I got this Bucheimer off Ebay. It's made for a Colt Commander but after I trimmed just a smidge of leather off for the rear sight it fits the S&W like a glove.
View attachment 262161
Love it!!

·
Premium Member
14,080 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,080 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I like these better.

Thanks. I checked out their website and saw that they carry the Bright and Tough sights for both my S&W and my Ruger P89.
Both pistols have nice sights but with small dots so those would improve things greatly for my old eyes. :geek:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..................

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Range Report

I took the S&W 4566 out to the indoor range and ran a couple hundred rounds of factory and reloads through it today. It is one "sweet" shooting pistol.
The trigger reset is extremely short and very light so it took a bit of adjustment but after I got the feel of it I was able to run quick sets of double taps very easily and accurately.
I took my Ruger P89DC along to give it some exercise and between the two of them had a great time. The Ruger is a fine shooter too but the S&W definitely has the better trigger.
The only improvement both of them could really use are a set of Trigicon sights. On the wish list. :)

·
Premium Member
14,080 Posts
Range Report

I took the S&W 4566 out to the indoor range and ran a couple hundred rounds of factory and reloads through it today. It is one "sweet" shooting pistol.
The trigger reset is extremely short and very light so it took a bit to adjust to it but after I got the feel of it I was able to run quick sets of double taps very easily and accurately.
I took my Ruger P89DC along to give it some exercise and between the two of them had a great time. The Ruger is a fine shooter too but the S&W definitely has the better trigger.
The only improvement both of them could really use are a set of Trigicon sights. On the wish list. :)
I really love shooting any of those gen.3 S&W’s. I might even carry some of them, if they didn’t all have magazine safeties. The trigger pull, & reset is exactly how you described. Sounds like you enjoyed shooting it. Congrats again!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I really love shooting any of those gen.3 S&W’s. I might even carry some of them, if they didn’t all have magazine safeties. The trigger pull, & reset is exactly how you described. Sounds like you enjoyed shooting it. Congrats again!
Thankee. :) My S&W 422, which I bought new when they came out in the 80s and have shot extensively, has the mag safety too so I'm used to it though I can see where they could present a problem for some folks.
This was my 1st visit to the county indoor range and I was very pleased with it. Warm, well lighted and ventilated, and staffed with friendly folks. I think I'll get a yearly membership so I'll have a winter shooting option.
I like the outdoor range where I have a membership for long range shooting and the Hell on Wheels cowboy action competition they host each year but it gets a might chilly in the winter when the temps are at the freezing level and the winds are howling. 🥶
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Man that’s a sweet package. My advice is if you want more magazines. They are getting scarce. 1 1006 mag is almost $100.
The mags I found on Ebay weren't OEM so I kept looking and found two OEM mags at the Gun Auctions site and managed to get both pretty cheaply. I also got two mags from ProMag that have worked fine so far.
This gives me eight 8 rounds mags or 64 rounds of 45acp which, as I don't anticipating any firefights, is plenty. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

21 - 39 of 39 Posts