New glock

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by spittin-g22, May 11, 2012.

1. spittin-g22

spittin-g22 New Member

Bought my model 22 gen 3 about two months ago. I've put about 1000 rounds through it and I'm loving the new purchase.

Attached Files:

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I see the Glock set up at the range table like your picture and all I want to do is step up and commence firing!

3. Welcome... toss up a intro thread...

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum spittin-G22 !!

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome spittin-g22! Aint it great! Best stress relief i have! Gives you a chance to compete against yourself as well. Enjoy the forum!

6. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! We have a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself.

7. lyodbraun

lyodbraun أنا لست ارهابيا

Congrats, looks good

8. antek

antek New Member

congrats on the purchase

9. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!

10. spittin-g22

spittin-g22 New Member

Thank you everyone. Just getting use to it. What's everyones opinion about the best range i've mostley used pmc 165 grn.

11. PanFried

PanFried New Member

Myself personally, i like the winchester FMJ 165gr at the range. I don't know if anybody else tried the tula ammo, but i wasn't very impressed. But for the cost, you can save yourself a couple of bucks for range shooting.

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Seems for some reason I remember the Tula being steel case, the indoor ranges I go to have a NO STEEL CASE rule! Strictly enforced as well. I got some RWS .45 for a good price at The sportsmans guide, never had problems with it. been through 3/4 case now.

13. spittin-g22

spittin-g22 New Member

I've tried the Winchester 165 and I liked it. I bought a box of the steel blazer and didn't seem to notice any problems. Why would a range have a "no steel rule"

14. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

All the ones I go too say they have had a " very frightening experience" at least twice with steel, especailly Russian , and they would not take the chance again.

15. PanFried

PanFried New Member

Ok this concerns me. I shot 150 rounds of the russian black box ammo this morning. I buy it because it's economical over the rest. For one though, the way they fire is different to say the least, compared too WWB 165 gr ammo. Because the next 50 that i put down the lane were WWB, and there was a noticable difference in sound,sight,smell,and recoil. Should i just spend the extra loot and stop shooting from the Russian Black Box?

16. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I have no experience with it myself but have read and heard so much bad stuff about it I will not take the chance. Never used it, never had a problem with my Ammo.

17. PanFried

PanFried New Member

Dutchs , what is your prefered range ammo? And personal defense ammo?

18. The silver Blazer ammo is aluminum, not steel, and safe to shoot. Also, when a range has a "no steel" rule, you should confirm they are talking about the casings...they may mean no steel core bullets.

Personally, I won't shoot steel cased ammo. I tried it, and did not like it at all. Suggest you search "bulk ammo" and see where folks here buy ammo cheap online.

19. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I use Armscor for my 9, best price! Right now I have RWS for my .45 it is all FMJ 230 grain , it is made in Hungary but is very solid, and I use Federal in the white box for my .40 caliber I belive it is 180 grain. Everything i use is brass/FMJ, NO STEEL. I hear to much bad stuff about it. PD, I use Hornady Critical Defense in all of my guns! I just trust the Hornady name and quality.

20. PanFried

PanFried New Member

I thank you humbly. If there were more emoticons i would give you 2 thumbs up for your advice. :) smile will have to suffice.