Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a G23 which I love...enough to get a new G27. My 23 has a nice trigger pull, but the 27 has a bit of a "catch" as I pull it compared to the 23. Any thoughts as to if this is normal and it just needs a few rounds ran through it, or could it be a defect? It fires fine...but certainly is not as smooth as the 23.

Thanks in advance.

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
It will smooth out a little bit with more rounds through it. I would personally polish up the trigger parts, the $0.25 trigger job.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Keep shooting it will smooth out on it's own. I noticed the same thing after I bought my G23 comparing it to my G22 that had a few hundred rounds through it.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Remove your trigger assembly, take a fingernail file to the trigger safety where it rides on the frame to remove the injection molding "dimple" about 3 light pushes with the file, reassemble and test. Repeat if necessary.
Mine had the same problem and that's how I fixed it.

·
109 Posts
J-Will said:
It will smooth out a little bit with more rounds through it. I would personally polish up the trigger parts, the $0.25 trigger job.
Can you explain what the "$0.25" trigger job is to this glock newbie? :) Pictures or videos would help too. I really appreciate it J-Will. :)

·
Glocker
416 Posts
AsianKracker said:
Can you explain what the "$0.25" trigger job is to this glock newbie? :) Pictures or videos would help too. I really appreciate it J-Will. :)
It's when you polish up parts in the gun to make the trigger crisper and easier to clean.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Ditto to all the comments on "shoot it a lot". have you looked at it to see if there are any burrs, or what not.

SHoot it and wear it in.

The $0.25 trigger job can help. If you "youtube" it, there are tons of people who demo it.

HTH
D

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
pilotvtail said:
David1962 nailed it! A little burr on the trigger safety that was catching on the frame. Thanks!
I'm sure over time it would have worn down, I just didn't want to wait. Glad your problem was/ is solved.

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.