Glock Forum banner
161 - 180 of 1009 Posts

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,446 Posts
Yes, you will have far more to worry about than a video if you get into a shooting here. Again, depends on the responding LEO, CHP, PD or Sheriffs. And what they DA says about the case and in which county it occurred.

You know CA is going to require liability insurance in the near future? Some cities already put it in place. I'm curious to know what it's going to cost.

Aside, but the gun parts law has already taken place on July 1. All gun parts have to be purchased from an FFL now.
Liability insurance? 🤔 seems like a good way to price out the little people.

· Registered
735 Posts
Yes, you will have far more to worry about than a video if you get into a shooting here. Again, depends on the responding LEO, CHP, PD or Sheriffs. And what they DA says about the case and in which county it occurred.

You know CA is going to require liability insurance in the near future? Some cities already put it in place. I'm curious to know what it's going to cost.

Aside, but the gun parts law has already taken place on July 1. All gun parts have to be purchased from an FFL now.
Yeah, I read about that. I'm not wild having to pay for yet more insurance, especially considering that the insurance policy will likely have an exclusion for illegal use or misuse of the gun. So it'll just benefit the insurance companies, they'll have another source of revenue.

· Registered
735 Posts
This is the body cam I got. Built very sturdily, and records high definition video with night cam etc. Lots of settings.

Not exactly "stealth recording" but this is the kind of thing that you can switch on with the click of a button while keeping both hands free.

I might use it on the range to record my progress as well.

Digital camera Reflex camera Camera accessory Cameras & optics Gadget

Glock G17, G26, G22, G27, and Remington 870 tac 14 20 gauge.
801 Posts
Hey everyone:

I am a gun newbie, and this is my first handgun, a Glock 17, third generation. I also got an ammunition box, a gunsafe from Amazon, several speed loaders (the lula and Ludex), and hearing protection (Axil GS 2 and the Walker Razor). Next up are gun safety classes and range time. I dry fired the gun with snap caps for several days (and watched probably hundreds of youtube videos) to understand the basis physics, I think I am getting there. But nothing like firing live ammunition.

Cheers from sunny California,

Peter View attachment 271308 View attachment 271309 View attachment 271310
That's basically how I store my self defense ammo. I use an old paintball ammo can.

· Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
823 Posts
While it’s becoming more popular in vehicles, I think we’re a ways away from personal civilian bodycams.

Whatever happened to the Google glasses? That seemed the easiest way to wear a bodycam.
Ray Ban makes smart glasses which you can use for video audio and some other things too. theyre around $300.00

· Registered
735 Posts
Ray Ban makes smart glasses which you can use for video audio and some other things too. theyre around $300.00
Yeah, those look nice, and much more 'concealed' if you will than a body cam.

This weekend I tested the body cam on a 2 1/2 hour bike ride, works very well and sturdy, but it also pulls the shirt down. If you want a device to record your bike ride (for purposes of evidence in case you get into an accident or just to put pretty footage on youtube etc) this is not the best device, a gopro would probably be better.

But the prime purpose for me and why I posted is to have something that is easy to use in case of a bad situation so I can record everything easily and quickly while keeping my hands free.

· Registered
735 Posts
Have you considered a backhoe and a good local chop shop to take care of the vehicles left behind?
I am happy to leave that to the local authorities. Many crashed vehicles here, lots of trash laying around.

These days technology helps. I take a picture, report it through some smart app, and voila few days later some agency cleans up the mess.

· Registered
735 Posts
My first day at the range with my own handgun, the Glock 17. It was a great learning and training experience, from 8 am to 5 pm. This was the USCCA basic hand gun safety training, with class instruction in the morning, and several hours on the outdoor range in the afternoon.

Have to admit that shooting my Glock rattled me a little bit in the beginning, despite my double ear protection (Axil GS and Walker muffs). The big bang coupled with the recoil is quite something. I am still a newbie to guns. And following all the instructions and processing everything in time is something that needs practice. I made a couple of mistakes.

That said it was fun. This was at the Richmond Rod and Gun Club, in Richmond, CA, which is approx. 30 minutes away from Oakland and/or San Francisco.

My instructors, Reggie and Mike:

Smile Sky Travel Eyewear Cool

The target - my virtual bad guy is pretty dead I think. Not too difficult because he didn't fire back. But the drills can be difficult.

Gesture Art Style Sleeve Font

· Registered
735 Posts
Get Peltor Tac 6's neckband model for $67 on Amazon. They are great, even for a comp'd AR15. The Axil's do not have a quick enough response time.

View attachment 272673
I wore the Axil's under my Walker Razer's, both electronically enhanced, so I didn't have to take them off and was still able to hear the instructors at all times. Maybe a bit overkill and after a couple of hours it's not very comfortable, but this is one of the things I'll have to figure out. The Axil's are advertised as having -29dB sound suppression which is technically better than anything else. But if the ear plugs come out the sound suppression quickly goes down.

161 - 180 of 1009 Posts