Glock Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
Actually Rob and have been on the same squad many times, mostly IDPA matches in the early years, along with many other mutual friends. I used to declare CDP running my G21 at the Major floor downloaded to 8 rounds. He has seen my goofy videos, but like most 1911 guys, they consider Glocks to be "non guns" So we would just say would you rather take lessons from me? or a guy that shoots his Glock upside down...

Here is a vid I made about limp wristing, holding the gun with only my middle finger and thumb.

I know you well enough to know that you that I know I’m just messing with you. I respect all of you competitive shooters. With that said, thank heaven for noodles and lasers. We ruled the air and the night.

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
Yes, you could. But as Rob Leatham says a slow walk is better than standing still. Again, that's why there is Senior and Super Senior Class. At typical 6-7 stage with 100 shooters takes 4-5 hours for 150 seconds of actual shooting time. So Seniors shoot twice as slow as the kids, but it gives you more match value! We have 3 guys on our squad that are over 75. One is an Army Ranger vet who goes between stages on a electric scooter. Than he stands up and does the stage. Slow as hell, but he's still pushing. The other one is former Para Rescue, 5"8" 155 lbs, swims 2 miles a day and runs 5 miles a day. He can't catch the kids, but he is still pushing. The other guy is 77 years old, hip replacement, still pushing.
Hat Sleeve Beard Sun hat Fedora

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
They make you take “ Classroom training “ and Shooting qualification with each weapon on your CCW slowing the process
I think training is a good idea.
Most libs in SF have never seen a gun before.
It may be their 2A right, but that don't make it right to just give them a gun without training.
When 2A was written, everyone was experienced.

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
There are 57 single family homes in my gated community. I keep bringing more of them to the powder room (great name) in Panama City Beach. As of last week, 30 homes have at least 1-ccw permit holder, mine and several others have multiple ccw holders. 10 homes have hunting rifles and are not into pistols. If you climb the fence and get lucky in one of the remaining 17 homes, you’ll be shot dead from the other 40, because of our sheriff.

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
Thanks!

Oakland is not that bad, really. I only got a bullet through my apartment window once. Good thing I wasn't sitting behind my desk.

View attachment 276862
The fact that you think having a stray shot thru your window is not bad, is messed up. In rural America, we don’t have bullets shot thru our windows.

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
2A/ RTKBA & Self Defense and prosecution of criminals ( who shoot Houses & People ) has Politics as a primary Element
Please leave politics in political threads.
Please do not introduce politics in non-political threads.
Some people see politics everywhere because it is in their DNA.
My DNA is that of a ban hammer and everyone looks like a nail until proven otherwise.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts