Glock Forum banner
841 - 860 of 1009 Posts

·
Banned
922 Posts
"It just needs to go boom when I want it to. I like stupid and simple"
Here you go. This is my single shot 22cal model 35 Stevens Offhand Target pistol. Put the hammer in the half cock position, push the button on the side, and it breaks open like a shotgun.
This particular model was made from 1907 to 1916 and is still very accurate as long as your eyes can focus on the small and extremely thin front sight blade. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............
Revolver Wood Air gun Trigger Gun barrel

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just got this email. Sounds like this might take a while. My educated guess is that the issuing agencies in CA are probably being flooded by CCW applications right now.

"The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn the decision to the lower courts, i.e., the State (of California, in our case), meant that the elimination of “good cause” will be up to the state’s governing body. Currently, there is an assembly of legislators who are convening about the ramifications of that overturned decision and the modifications in the existing laws they need set firmly. As a government body who administrates this licensure to carry concealed weapons, we enforce the laws of the State and federal government; and our job is to ensure the public is in adherence and understanding of those laws.

Your application is not being rejected. We will NOT disregard your waiting and patience. In fact, we are in the process of interviewing several applicants. The following are measures we are going to take to streamline the application process:
  1. It is in accordance to the law that you should be notified in ninety days if your application would be approved or denied. Since it is not realistic that we will be able to do that, your fee will not be necessary at this stage of the application process. The fees you have paid thru Permitium will be or may have been refunded to you already, either in fully or partially. For the record, County fee is $100 and that is all that we would we seeking from you as payment initially. The other costs will be requested upon moving forward (step-by-step) after the interview.
  2. You will be notified about the interview process/schedule.
  3. We will have a new and more streamlined application process on line in 2023. We will carry over your application from the site we are using to the new one when that time comes; and you are still in line to be interviewed. You will not lose your place in line and will be called in the order of your original filing.
  4. There were several applicants who filed for judicial licenses even though they are not judges, and some more who filed for reserve licenses even though they are not law enforcement volunteers. Be aware of the differences between the types of licenses and do not apply based on the length of time the licenses are good for. Those who filed for the inappropriate type of license have been fully/partially refunded of their fees for sure. Again, you will still be called for interview, and will just have remit the correct payment later.
  5. An announcement will be posted on this Agency’s website and social media avenues once the law from the State is firm and we (the County of Alameda) conform, as we modify our policy and procedure. The announcement will also be instructional about the enhanced application filing system in 2023. Likely, an announcement via email will also be sent, for more personal communication. We will continue to accept applications filed thru Permitium in the meantime and conduct interviews.
  6. The application process is long and tedious, considering the volume of applications we have received since June 23. The filing is only the first step. Applicants will have to be livescanned, psychologically evaluated, trained and educated about safety and weapon handling, and tested about proficiency (range qualification). DO NOT take any step in advance unless you get notified to do so.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Judea R. Mulder

Alameda County Sheriff’s Office

·
Legitimate Combatant
7,554 Posts
That is a disgrace! My wife just applied online, submit pics of drivers license, pay $20 for 5 year CCW. Called her 2 working days later to set up appointment for next day.
Walked in, handshake congratulations, please step in front of the camera for your picture.
Wife says the longest part was going through court house line to scan her purse.

My wife refuses to carry @ the moment.
She wants to get a belly band type of holster and practice drawing from it with live fire targets to be comfortable with the holster first. She also wants some instruction to field strip the pistol, take apart slide etc...
She has had the shooting part down for years and shoots really well. I am always stuck with reloading mags and cleaning up till now.

We will spend a few weekends here @ the compound practicing. I've got 100 yards available at the end of my sawmill for a small range. This "practice" gives me a reason to buy several thousand rounds without resistance.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We are not in CA or NJ

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,487 Posts
That is a disgrace! My wife just applied online, submit pics of drivers license, pay $20 for 5 year CCW. Called her 2 working days later to set up appointment for next day.
Walked in, handshake congratulations, please step in front of the camera for your picture.
Wife says the longest part was going through court house line to scan her purse.

My wife refuses to carry @ the moment.
She wants to get a belly band type of holster and practice drawing from it with live fire targets to be comfortable with the holster first. She also wants some instruction to field strip the pistol, take apart slide etc...
She has had the shooting part down for years and shoots really well. I am always stuck with reloading mags and cleaning up till now.

We will spend a few weekends here @ the compound practicing. I've got 100 yards available at the end of my sawmill for a small range. This "practice" gives me a reason to buy several thousand rounds without resistance.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We are not in CA or NJ
Some of us know the freedoms that are our birthright and then some of us had to go through hardships to live them.
When Texas started their CHL laws, it took years of tweaking by the legislature to get to the Constitutional Carry we have today.
It’s a process and it should improve over time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
the guy in the video talks so fast I can't even understand what he's saying.
Yeah, he's not doing a great job explaining this. He's an attorney, but he is not a born advocate. What it boils down to is this:

1. In Bruen the US Supreme Court struck down the "good cause" requirement in NY Law.
2. California has a similar "good cause" requirement.
3. Back in June California AG Bonta issued a memo to all CCW issuing agencies that they should ignore the "good cause" requirement and just do their job and process all CCW applications.
4. In New York, the legislature introduced new laws to make it more difficult to obtain a CCW.
5. Califonia's legislature followed New York's example by requiring additional requirements (more training, more licensing fees).
6. In practice it will mean that it will take a very long to get a CCW license in California even if you meet all the requirements just because the agencies are overburdoned.
7. Now keep it mind that this is not the law in California yet, though the chances of it passing are high, considering the political constituency in California.
8. In the meantime, the CCW issuing agencies in California are trying to make of all this (Bruen, the current law, the new pending legislation).
9. So the reality is that the CCW issuing agencies will be probably very slow processing applications, given the current uncertain legal landscape and possibly understaffing.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Reciprocity should just be the thing everywhere dammit!
There is a federal bill introduced to do just that, but it's not lilkely to pass.

The problem with reciprocity is that States like California would have to recognize the rights of a 'constitutional carry' gun owner from say Arizona, Utah, Texas.

California is going to resist that, for obvious reasons. No matter what happens to the "good cause" requirement, they'll still want to do the background checks, interviews, etc.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,487 Posts
There is a federal bill introduced to do just that, but it's not lilkely to pass.

The problem with reciprocity is that States like California would have to recognize the rights of a 'constitutional carry' gun owner from say Arizona, Utah, Texas.

California is going to resist that, for obvious reasons. No matter what happens to the "good cause" requirement, they'll still want to do the background checks, interviews, etc.

When Trump got in the Republican Congress and Senate dangled National Reciprocity in front of our faces, along with Suppressors off of the NFA. We hoped to get at least one of those and we got zero.
Actually worse we got a bump stock ban.😡
Even worse this time is I don’t hear any Republican saying they’re going to force through any pro-2A legislation when they get in.
…if they even get majorities.🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
390 Posts
PR, what holster did you end up getting?
Several:

1. The "We the People" in the waistband holster, with the clip. I like this one best, so far. I've actually worn this with my Glock (unloaded) going to sleep. Yeah I know it's weird but this is ultimate 'is this comfortable' test.
2. a cheap $20 out the waistband holster, called "Gun and flower". I think it's made in China. You have to press on a button to unholster your gun. I like it but it's illegal for competition shooting.
3. a leather out the waistband holster by Versacarry. This has to be broken into. I'm not comfortable with this, probably going to give it away to someone.

All of this stuff is hypothetical so far because I am in California so I cannot carry until I get the CCW permit, which will take who knows how long.

I signed up for a competition event later this year. That's legal, even in California. I'll probably need another holster for that, for competition shooting.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
a cheap $20 out the waistband holster, called "Gun and flower". I think it's made in China. You have to press on a button to unholster your gun. I like it but it's illegal for competition shooting.
I'll probably need another holster for that, for competition shooting.
It's not illegal by USPSA rules, but many clubs and ranges have banned them because of unintentional discharge, especially with newbies. And you don't want a retention feature on a competition holster anyway. Some guys simply cut the plastic pin that holds the tab and throw it away. But you are better off to buy a good holster just for competition (USPSA/IDPA/Steel Challenge (SCSA)).

After I broke my shoulder I added a short drop offset tab to one of my backup Blade Tech OWB holsters because it lets the gun sit lower and is easier on my elbow to draw to. Rule is the butt of the gun must be above the top of the belt. Both of the holsters shown are out of production now.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Font Bumper Rim

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

Wood Gun barrel Trigger Air gun Gun accessory

White Font Gadget Audio equipment Automotive design

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's not illegal by USPSA rules, but many clubs and ranges have banned them because of unintentional discharge, especially with newbies. And you don't want a retention feature on a competition holster anyway. Some guys simply cut the plastic pin that holds the tab and throw it away. But you are better off to buy a good holster just for competition (USPSA/IDPA/Steel Challenge (SCSA)).

After I broke my shoulder I added a short drop offset tab to one of my backup Blade Tech OWB holsters because it lets the gun sit lower and is easier on my elbow to draw to. Rule is the butt of the gun must be above the top of the belt. Both of the holsters shown are out of production now.

View attachment 275047

View attachment 275048

View attachment 275049

View attachment 275050
Thanks ... they still sell something that at least looks similar. $37, pretty close to the hip though.

Signature OWB Holster

I also saw this Black Scorpion, little more expensive ($100 on Amazon). It sits a bit further away from the hip. Any thoughts on that? Not good for concealed carry probably but this is just for competition.

841 - 860 of 1009 Posts