Glock Forum banner
61 - 80 of 1009 Posts

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
The present system has already proven itself to be a failure on numerous occasions where people passed an NICS background check and legally purchased firearms after being deemed unfit to have them, the shooter in Buffalo NY for example, and this political stunt won't improve anything.
This was created, supported, and passed by members of both Parties to give the sheeple the impression that these politicians are "working for the people's safety and security" and aid them in keeping their places at the tax payer funded feed trough.
As I have said before, if anti firearm individuals and groups were serious about doing something positive in regards to the firearms problem we have in the US then why have they never asked the responsible firearm owners of the US for our ideas, suggestions, and assistance?
"The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." Albert Camus
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp....................
Correct,purly political theater.

· Registered
723 Posts
"I don't know whether this law is the answer but these mass shootings in schools sicken me."

As it does all of us,it's the method gone about correcting it. All of the provisions in the bill have gone around from 2019,2020 and 2021 and when introduced by their respective authors went exactly no where.

What was required was the impetuous to lump them together to pass under the pressure of the situations they were without the pressure of the incident they were going no where fast. Now we live with the infringements till who knows when as NYSRPA v Bruen only took more than 100 years, think I'm wrong, wait till the next incident and renewed calls for even more as these provisions will not stop the next one, sadly.
What do you suggest to stop the next mass shooting?

If you could write a law to stop the crazies, what would it be?

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
What do you suggest to stop the next mass shooting?

If you could write a law to stop the crazies, what would it be?
The problem is that congress can't legislate morality,so instead legislate the people and pile on new and further infringements.

· Registered
723 Posts
All "Gun Free Zones" for the most part. Several were stopped in their tracks, literally, but no one wanted to champion that, did they.
Laws are already in place to restrict mentally ill, anti depressants, chemical dependent, family violence history, illegal aliens, and a host of other things. They work to an extent, but only when people are honest.
People aren't honest.
We have these signs on several districts in the area. It paints a clear picture of how poor behavior will be handled.
View attachment 271496
There are two things here: 1. gun safety at the range and 2. gun free zones.

Yes, gun safety at the range makes perfect sense, as does the sign that you display.

But "gun free zones" placards at businesses ... do they actually work?

I am a Red Cross blood platelet donor, I donate platelets every two weeks.

There is a sign at at the door of the donation center where I go, informing me that I cannot carry concealed arms.

I don't even know why anyone would want to carry a concealed weapon when he or she is about to donate blood or blood platelets.

Or maybe it's to warn off criminals, about to steal blood platelets?

But hey, this is California. ;)

· Registered
723 Posts
New 10 round mags are hard to load, so just put 9 rounds in. When not shooting, leave them loaded and the spring will relax. 17 rounders do not have that problem.
Thanks!

I can manually load the 10 round magazine up to say 6 rounds, and then it's oof. But with the lula or the Ludex, it's easy to get all 10 rounds in.

And I am in California, so 10 round is the max for me. Should be enough to stop the bad guys. I hope.

· Registered
1,566 Posts

Yes, gun safety at the range makes perfect sense, as does the sign that you display.

There is a sign at at the door of the donation center where I go, informing me that I cannot carry concealed arms.

I don't even know why anyone would want to carry a concealed weapon when he or she is about to donate blood or blood platelets.

We are talking "Gun Free Zones" here, or I am, and blurring the issue with another subject is not productive.
Signs tell criminals that law abiding people are unarmed, or should be. You carry because you are protecting your interest. You carry everywhere you can, and you are vigilant everywhere you go.
The people we see in the Nooz are very likely not interested in anything of the business nature, just the safest place for them to do what they are doing. Over half the "mass shootings", and the criteria changes with the wind, are disgruntled employees, or domestic relationship type things. Not something a normal person would do, but here we are. Stress is a demon.
You seem to be looking for an argument or a plant from the DU. I'm out.

· Banned
995 Posts

While ultra restrictive firearms laws and regulations very likely do create safer and better qualified legal firearm owners they don't keep criminals and crazies from acquiring firearms and killing and injuring people.
The people of Norway found this out in 2011 and unfortunately were once again reminded of this just a couple days ago.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

· Registered
723 Posts
A cautionary tale ... if you have $100k in cash lying around the house, don't put it in a paper bag in your closet, but in a safe.

I'm glad the family is safe though, must have been a frightening experience.

· Registered
1,566 Posts
While ultra restrictive firearms laws and regulations very likely do create safer and better qualified legal firearm owners they don't keep criminals and crazies from acquiring firearms and killing and injuring people.
The people of Norway found this out in 2011 and unfortunately were once again reminded of this just a couple days ago.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............
So, explain Detroit, NOLA, St Louis, Memphis, and Baltimore. Just by eliminating stats from those 5, the US goes from #192 to #3 in safe countries.
There are some standouts. Just eliminate Chicago, Cleveland, Baton Rouge, Little Rock, and KC.
That might carry us to the safest country in the world. Funny haw that works and who are running the mentioned above.
Font Rectangle Signage Magenta Brand

· Banned
995 Posts
So, explain Detroit, NOLA, St Louis, Memphis, and Baltimore. Just by eliminating stats from those 5, the US goes from #192 to #3 in safe countries.
There are some standouts. Just eliminate Chicago, Cleveland, Baton Rouge, Little Rock, and KC.
That might carry us to the safest country in the world. Funny haw that works and who are running the mentioned above.
View attachment 271622
What exactly is your question? To obtain a firearm legally in Norway and most of the rest of Europe requires, among other things, passing a very stringent background check and an extensive firearms safety and shooting course. This mandatory training results is some very competent legal firearm owners.
In addition many European countries have mandatory military service requirements which gives a large portion of their general public, even those who never own or shoot a firearm after their military service, training in basic firearms safety and handling.
The overall result is that a large percentage of their legal citizens and firearm owners are better trained and more familiar with firearm safety and handling than an equal percentage of legal US citizens and firearm owners.
On the other hand while their very strict firearm laws and regulations do make acquiring firearms illegally much more expensive and difficult it doesn't entirely prevent criminals and crazies from doing so.
Statistics; such wonderfully elastic things. They can be made to prove whatever you want them to prove. MacNamara and Kissinger used statistics to prove the US was winning in Vietnam. Dubbya's administration did the same in Iraq and Afghanistan. Every US administration since 1937, when weed was first criminalized, has used statistics to prove that the War On Drugs is working.
A friend of mine that works with statistics once proved to me that based on actual but carefully chosen statistics per capita there were more acts of firearm related crimes and violence in Great Britain than the US.
Anti firearm individuals and groups have used the same statistics you offered as examples but by spreading the numbers out over entire states rather than just focusing on cities they can prove that their ideas work.
As I said, statistics are wonderfully elastic things.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................

· Registered
35 Posts
These new laws will do nothing to stop mass shootings. For one mass shootings should be redefined. Currently just about any shooting is a mass shooting with 3 or more hit other than the shooter. A mass shooting is not gangs shooting each other or a police shoot out with a criminal. A mass shooting should be defined as some going into a place with the intent to shoot as many as possible.

These laws wouldn't have stopped even the most recent 18 year old shooters. They may have been mean and somewhat crazy but for a so called red flag it still needs a judge to declare it. The NICS background check has no means of determining anger, it goes by the data in its database. So if nothing is in the database they are approved to purchase.

· Registered
211 Posts
These new laws will do nothing to stop mass shootings. For one mass shootings should be redefined. Currently just about any shooting is a mass shooting with 3 or more hit other than the shooter. A mass shooting is not gangs shooting each other or a police shoot out with a criminal. A mass shooting should be defined as some going into a place with the intent to shoot as many as possible.

These laws wouldn't have stopped even the most recent 18 year old shooters. They may have been mean and somewhat crazy but for a so called red flag it still needs a judge to declare it. The NICS background check has no means of determining anger, it goes by the data in its database. So if nothing is in the database they are approved to purchase.
If the school principal at Uvalde would have had a Glock and 3 magazines, he could have fought and killed the creep with the AR.

· Registered
35 Posts
If the school principal at Uvalde would have had a Glock and 3 magazines, he could have fought and killed the creep with the AR.
I do agree with you. If these places were not gun free zones the shooters may not go in the first place. More gun free zones means more places for mass shootings. So again the new laws still do nothing.

· Registered
211 Posts
But he didn't. And neither did all the other school admistrators in all the other school shootings. This is all hypothetical.
Hypothetical?

Look at what happened, the cops stood around with their thumbs up their butt cracks.
I am not considering the things that have failed, so much as looking at things that will succeed.
The whole thing was a disgrace upon the people and nation.

61 - 80 of 1009 Posts