Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

· Banned
995 Posts
Oh she’s definitely a beauty! Those old school Benzes are built like tanks and they are beautiful cars. These two below have always been on my short list of cars I’d love to have.

View attachment 272899

View attachment 272900
A fully accessorized Bentley Continental GT Speed is on my "when I win the Lotto" wish list. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............

· Banned
995 Posts
It’s my first Cadillac restoration & I’m already hoping I even break even on it. It’s a project car my bro & I am fixing up.
Very nice. A friend of mine use to own a shop in Colorado where they did high level car restorations.
One of the last projects they did was this rag top Cadillac with a red leather interior.
It cost the owners a pretty penny but took 1st place in its class in the first three shows it was entered in, including the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, with 100+ point scores.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............
Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

· Banned
995 Posts
The procedure in Wyoming is much cheaper and easier. Decide what and how you want to carry and just do it.
No interviews with the popo, no paperwork, no permits, no approvals from government bureaucrats required.
Firearms competency is definitely expected but other than that just follow the law. Works for me. ;)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................

· Banned
995 Posts
Are you saying that all the Californians should move to Wyoming???
LMAO! Yeah Right!
After a visit to Yellowstone or from watching a western movie or a TV show every year a few Californians, Floridians, and other folks decide to move up here but the majority of them "quickly" decide to return to their former lives and places of residence.
The boom and bust economy, the at times brutal winters and scorching summers, the constant winds, the long distances between places, the limited social lifestyle, and other factors can make Wyoming a difficult place to live.
Those few that can and do adapt and stay are no longer the same people they were when they moved here.

· Banned
995 Posts
"That explains a lot. Like a guy that doesn’t own a Glock finding a home on the Glock Forum?"
I like firearms and though I don't own a Glock myself, or care to, since I got one for the grandson I figure I may as well learn about them and what better place to learn than a Glock forum?
So far it's been a generally beneficial and pleasant experience. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.....................

· Banned
995 Posts
Thanks.

To be honest, I really do not know what I will do if and when I get the CCW permit.

I don't know whether I want to carry a firearm on my body, all the time. It seems so ridiculous. I am 57 years old now, and I never owned a firearm until a few weeks ago. My shooting skills are still just so so, though I am getting better. Plan to go back to the range next week for some practice. I am still getting to grips with the whole thing.

But we will see.
Cheer up little Buckaroo. Having it doesn't mean that you have to use it.
The important thing is having it so that if you feel the need to carry you'll be legal.
Legal is good. :) Generally speaking.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...........

· Banned
995 Posts
Yeah. The right to carry means also the right not to carry. It goes both ways.
Yup, all Rights have two sides; the Right to do something and the Right not to have to do something. Many folks either don't get or forget that part.
Many folks also don't get or forget that all Rights come with Responsibilities. If you exercise the one then you must be willing to accept the other.
By buying and training with your firearm you have done both. Congrats. (y)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

· Banned
995 Posts
"Enjoy it for me"
I do and will. :) Come back and visit sometime.
The Frontier Days rodeo is in town at the moment and so far everything has been going smoothly.

Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................

· Banned
995 Posts
"Outer Range ( Science Fiction meets Yellowstone )"
Is that a TV show? I haven't watched TV is 25+ years so a lot of references to TV programs mean little or nothing to me.
Every TV provider in Cheyenne has sent their top salespeople out to try and sell me their services but none of them can provide the motorcycle racing coverage I had in Europe.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................

· Banned
995 Posts
"But the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan was a Democrat Political Powerhouse well into the 1950s"

That was the old southern dominated Democratic party. The Republican and Democratic parties have pretty much switched roles since then. Not just in the South but everywhere.
Like teams of pick pockets and con artists, political parties changed roles and disguises periodically to keep their intended victims confused as to who is doing what.
BTW; a late uncle of mine who was a clan member for a while would have been "very" :mad: upset to be associated with or referred to in any manner as a Democrat! :)

· Banned
995 Posts
All my Gray hair Family in the South stayed Democrat until they died , Think
Robert Byrd (D) the Party switching is a fantasy of the left ( George Wallace (D) woulda beat Nixon in 72 if that crazed Republican in the Black Turtleneck had not shot him , he won Michigan & Florida Dem POTUS primaries and was on cover of TIME magazine as our next President .) Carter won on Wallace’s coattails in 76 . And just because some Democrats voted Reagan once or twice does not mean they switched parties . From 1870 until 1986 when it was litigated out of existence eight out of every ten members of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan were Democrats ( or Dixiecrats if that offends you )
Little offends me other than wilful ignorance, poor firearm handling, and political and religious speeches full of empty platitudes.
I was speaking of the parties switching not their supporters. When someone is thoroughly brainwashed attempting to change this can confuse them and break down their programing.
It's much better and easier to just gradually alter the lies they're fed to support the programing with "alternate facts" so they still respond as programmed but their focus is now pointed in a different direction.
The Klan didn't disappear; like a corporation declaring bankruptcy it simply stopped using one name so it was no longer liable for any debts or rulings against it and reformed and reappeared under a different name selling the same shabby products with a different label.
My kin folk were/are split. North of the Mason Dixon line generally they were/are radically conservative Republicans and south of the line generally they were/are radically conservative Democrats.
Though listening to them talk you wouldn't know which was which until they started assigning blame for the ailments of the country. :)
IMO the ultra dedicated and devoted members and supporters of both parties are nothing more than the human equivalent of Pavlov's dogs or cell phone users who cannot not answer their phones.
"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere" Voltaire
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp......................

21 - 40 of 78 Posts