Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
If you have the time and inclination, I can warmly recommend to visit Nepal. You don't have to go on a climbing expedition which requires a lot of preparation, training, and experience, is expensive, and takes time (think of one to two months, including the acclimatization and the endless logistics).

Just go on a trekking, which is a supported multi day hike through the countryside or higher up, as technical as you want it to be. The sherpas and porters will take good care of you no matter how remote you are, food is delicious, people are friendly, and it's a poor country so they really do like the tourists. It's a once in a lifetime experience.
I’m not sure I’ll ever make it to Nepal, but I do spend time at Trapeze.

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
No. No offense either, but we will be wasting both of our time.
A bunch of idiots entering the Capitol on January 6th, although it was wrong, were not the actions of the far right and anyone who calls it far right is simply supporting the far left narrative.
And yes, the BLM riots were a lot worse, and a much darker time for our country. But they are still running free.
Wow, like minds. Go figure.

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
The procedure in Wyoming is much cheaper and easier. Decide what and how you want to carry and just do it.
No interviews with the popo, no paperwork, no permits, no approvals from government bureaucrats required.
Firearms competency is definitely expected but other than that just follow the law. Works for me. ;)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................
Are you saying that all the Californians should move to Wyoming???

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
"That explains a lot. Like a guy that doesn’t own a Glock finding a home on the Glock Forum?"
I like firearms and though I don't own a Glock myself, or care to, since I got one for the grandson I figure I may as well learn about them and what better place to learn than a Glock forum?
So far it's been a generally beneficial and pleasant experience. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.....................
You missed the point. I was comparing moving to Wyoming to joining the GF. It changes you.

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
Thanks.

To be honest, I really do not know what I will do if and when I get the CCW permit.

I don't know whether I want to carry a firearm on my body, all the time. It seems so ridiculous. I am 57 years old now, and I never owned a firearm until a few weeks ago. My shooting skills are still just so so, though I am getting better. Plan to go back to the range next week for some practice. I am still getting to grips with the whole thing.

But we will see.
Better question is: why after 57 years did you decide to buy a gun?

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to the second amendment, and I am not on a mission to take everyone's guns away.

I am just curious about the gun culture, as a new citizen, and why there is such an obsession with guns in this country.

I purchased a gun for self defense but also for educational purposes, so at least I have an understanding of how guns work.
I may bust chops around here a little bit, but I respect your reply. You are from another country and do not understand the importance of the 2nd amendment.
As far as we are concerned, here on the GF, the 1st amendment is supported and defended by the 2nd amendment "Shall Not Infringe"!!! Otherwise, we will have the government take away our rights.

· Super Moderator
58,807 Posts
PR, you have made some excellent posts for a newbie that generated allot of good discussion. Most Americans don't realize that the rest of the world is very not like us when it comes to guns. Take China, for example, possession of a single loaded round of ammunition (outside of the military or police) is 10 years in prison. In Italy, you may own guns for target shooting, but they must be stored at the gun club where you shoot. In Britain, only single/double barrel shotguns are allowed.

That's a long ways from "I've got twenty AR-15's, 15 Glocks, 4 Benelli M1 Super 90's and 5 submachine guns", for example.

1789 "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." We had just finished the Revolution War. April 19, 1775 – September 3, 1783.

• 1754–1763: French and Indian War. ...
  • March 22, 1765: Stamp Act. ...
  • June 15–July 2, 1767: Townshend Acts. ...
  • March 5, 1770: Boston Massacre. ...
  • December 16, 1773: Boston Tea Party. ...
  • March–June 1774: Intolerable Acts. ...
  • September 5, 1774: First Continental Congress convenes.
Course the British didn't give up, came back in 1812 to get their ass kicked again.
Great Post!!!

21 - 40 of 80 Posts