Glock Forum banner
441 - 460 of 1009 Posts

· Banned
995 Posts
Common sense gun safety laws?
Despite 50 years or so of common sense after common sense Gun laws being enacted it seems that common sense ain’t working!😤
That's because despite all evidence to the contrary some folks still don't understand that while intelligence and common sense can be taught and used they cannot be legislated.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................

· Glockin’ since 1993
50,382 Posts
That's because despite all evidence to the contrary some folks still don't understand that while intelligence and common sense can be taught and used they cannot be legislated.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................
Funny how the politicians conveniently forgot that the original AWB was allowed to quietly fade away after the experts revealed no change in the metrics of crime during the ban.
Schumer, Feinstein and others have basically dusted off the original and hold it up screaming, Common Sense! Common Sense!

· Registered
188 Posts
Wait, wait, hold the press ... maybe I just don't understand how to break in a leather holster. Applying a little bit more pressure it does seem to fit. Maybe leave it in there overnight so the leather can adjust to the form of the gun.

(insert jokes here "you have to ram it in Peter! that's how it works!" - ok bring it on already - go on, just do it)

View attachment 273643
That will stretch out a bit over time. The one "problem" I see is an inability to get a full master or firing grip from the holster. My Versacarry pocket holster for my P365 isn't quite as bad. For the most part a great little holster that's pretty minimal in the pocket and the claw position helps break up the print. But it rubs my knuckle as I'm getting my hand on the gun. That being said.. grain of salt. There are ways to build a draw stroke that accounts for it that imo just take some additional time to practice.

Bag Grey Strap Font Handgun holster

When you compare it to something like the pocket A-holster, while I wouldn't mind the claw being a little higher I have no troubles getting a full firing grip on the gun before it comes out of the holster.

Sleeve Tints and shades Personal protective equipment Strap Human leg

This i something I look for in a belt holster too, but I tend to stick with kydex myself, so I try to stick with a holster that allows a high enough ride height to keep my knuckle off the claw attachment.

· Registered
5 Posts
I submitted my CCW application paperwork (here in Orange County, Calif.) and received my CCW permit before the Supreme Court’s decision. There were a lot of applications ahead of mine - and more after, but it took about 3 1/2 months from submission to permit.
My “good cause” was, by some counties’ standards, flimsy: I’m a ham radio operator, member of CERT & RACES.
Worked without any hesitation.
Probably didn’t hurt that my background check didn’t reveal so much as a fart in an elevator.

· Registered
555 Posts
If it takes that much force to holster it, it takes that much force to draw. Get a quality Kydex holster. Snaps in, secure, draws fast.
I got that one too, came in the mail today. Going to try all of them to see what works for me. I'm a newbie remember have to figure out what works best for me.

And all this is completely hypothetical until I get my CCW permit ... which could take a while.

· Registered
60 Posts

· Premium Member
3,526 Posts
In the beginning of time, the 60's, there was no Kydex. But today there is no reason not to use it. This is an original BladeTech hand folded thick laminate straight drop belt holster from when they first came out about 27 years ago. Use it every Saturday for USPSA competition.

Camera accessory Gadget Digital camera Camera lens Cameras & optics

Rectangle Auto part Gas Metal Automotive exterior

It's no longer made, but they do have a Black Ice model that is very similar.

Gesture Personal protective equipment Gun accessory Auto part Sports gear

441 - 460 of 1009 Posts