Glock Forum banner
281 - 300 of 1009 Posts

· Super Moderator
58,810 Posts
No. No offense either, but we will be wasting both of our time.
A bunch of idiots entering the Capitol on January 6th, although it was wrong, were not the actions of the far right and anyone who calls it far right is simply supporting the far left narrative.
And yes, the BLM riots were a lot worse, and a much darker time for our country. But they are still running free.
Wow, like minds. Go figure.

· Registered
738 Posts
Yes, you heard that right ... After Bruen (the US Supreme Court opinion that held that the New York CCW law was unconstitutional), it is possible to apply for a CCW license in California without having to show "good cause" to carry. California Attorney General Rob Bonta has issued a memorandum to the issuing agencies in the State, and they are following that guidance.

I applied for a permit, and got this reply from the Alameda County Sherriff's Office (which is where I live, Oakland is in Alameda Country). Well this should be interesting. I applied on July 11, wonder where I am in the row of applications. Probably going to take some time.

"We are moving forward your application. I will be reaching out to applicants in batches to set up interviews. When it is your turn you, you will receive that notification.

Notes to consider:
  • There are 800+ applications (and growing in number daily) to be scheduled for interview.
  • They have been received since June 23 to present.
  • They are to be processed in the order that they were received.
  • The only modification in the process is the elimination of “good cause.” The rest of the procedure that is mandated by the law is retained, a step-by-step process which you will be regularly and duly notified about.

No need to call me; I will email you.

Judea R. Mulder
Alameda County Sheriff’s Office"

· Banned
995 Posts
The procedure in Wyoming is much cheaper and easier. Decide what and how you want to carry and just do it.
No interviews with the popo, no paperwork, no permits, no approvals from government bureaucrats required.
Firearms competency is definitely expected but other than that just follow the law. Works for me. ;)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................

· Super Moderator
58,810 Posts
The procedure in Wyoming is much cheaper and easier. Decide what and how you want to carry and just do it.
No interviews with the popo, no paperwork, no permits, no approvals from government bureaucrats required.
Firearms competency is definitely expected but other than that just follow the law. Works for me. ;)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................
Are you saying that all the Californians should move to Wyoming???

· Banned
995 Posts
Are you saying that all the Californians should move to Wyoming???
LMAO! Yeah Right!
After a visit to Yellowstone or from watching a western movie or a TV show every year a few Californians, Floridians, and other folks decide to move up here but the majority of them "quickly" decide to return to their former lives and places of residence.
The boom and bust economy, the at times brutal winters and scorching summers, the constant winds, the long distances between places, the limited social lifestyle, and other factors can make Wyoming a difficult place to live.
Those few that can and do adapt and stay are no longer the same people they were when they moved here.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............

· Banned
995 Posts
"That explains a lot. Like a guy that doesn’t own a Glock finding a home on the Glock Forum?"
I like firearms and though I don't own a Glock myself, or care to, since I got one for the grandson I figure I may as well learn about them and what better place to learn than a Glock forum?
So far it's been a generally beneficial and pleasant experience. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.....................

· Super Moderator
58,810 Posts
"That explains a lot. Like a guy that doesn’t own a Glock finding a home on the Glock Forum?"
I like firearms and though I don't own a Glock myself, or care to, since I got one for the grandson I figure I may as well learn about them and what better place to learn than a Glock forum?
So far it's been a generally beneficial and pleasant experience. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.....................
You missed the point. I was comparing moving to Wyoming to joining the GF. It changes you.

281 - 300 of 1009 Posts