Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale is a Vortex 8x25 Solo Monocular.

Price: $60. Shipping included to CONUS.

Payment method: Paypal.

Please reply to this thread or contact me using the Forum messaging system.

Please see pictures below.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
How do you prevent mental timebombs like that from getting their hands on guns?
We can try all we want, but the only thing regulations do is take from law-abiding citizens.
The only way to stop criminals is to arm teachers and the entire community to transform today’s “gun free zones” into “we protect our children and our people” zones.
You don’t see any “crazy” guy entering a police station to shoot people, right? They are not that crazy.
Let them know we are armed and ready and they will think twice before trying anything.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
We need to stop referring to it as a gun problem, gun epidemic or whatever. Doing so puts the blame on the guns, when we know that in reality the problem lies, among other things, directly on specific individuals, on the criminal element, and perhaps on the loss of family values and the decline of society as a whole; and on the lack of accountability on those pushing for a softer penal system and the complete disregard of the rule of law.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
"You are correct but I don’t see us getting a seat at the table"
We are fighting a war of perceptions. Responsible firearm owners need to stop asking and waiting to be offered a seat at the table and take it upon ourselves to change people's perceptions beginning with our own communities.
Talk and coordinate with other firearm owners and start our own grass-root local efforts to make ourselves heard. Write letters, emails, and make calls to local newspapers, radio, and TV stations and school administrations and bug them until they have to invite us to be interviewed or speak about our opinions.
Then avoid emotional outbursts, arguments, accusations, and demands and instead lay out facts, ideas, and proposals that are "common sense" and explain how they could work to positively effect the firearms problems.
One big thing responsible firearm owners need to do is to separate ourselves from the gun waving "from my cold dead hands" shouting radicals that get all the attention and are portrayed as representing all firearm owners.
I've been using firearms for 65+ years and these people damn sure don't represent me. Frankly I consider them to be both an embarrassment and harmful to responsible firearm owners.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............
Dr. Tramp,
I agree with your statement and ideas. However, if we keep referring to it as a “firearm problem” we already lost the conversation.
We should call it, perhaps, a violence problem.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 · (Edited)
"we already lost the conversation" Please explain this.
Personally I prefer honesty over sugar coating things with better sounding - politically correct labels. I'd much rather hear an unpleasant truth over a pleasant sounding lie.
We get plenty of pleasant sounding lies from politicians and media talking heads which I believe is part of why we as a nation and society are experiencing many of our current problems.
We are told and have been programmed to accept pleasant sounding lies to evade the unpleasant realities of our failing education system, lack of health care, lack of preparation for looming climate changes, incompetent and venal politicians, and more.
So how about we be honest about at least one thing okay? The US has problems involving firearms.
By honestly addressing these problems maybe we can solve, eliminate, or at least lessen them.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................
What I meant was that by referring to it as a “firearm problem”, everyone involved in the conversation is going to see firearms as the root cause of the problem, and will ignore the real issues.
Firearms are NOT the problem. As I mentioned before, the problem lies, among other things, in the decline of society as a whole and the complete disregard of the rule of law.
The US does NOT have a problem involving firearms. Criminals will use anything (cars, knives, baseball bats, bare hands, firearms, anything) to hurt others. Blaming the tool used is not going to address the problem.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
….
We get plenty of pleasant sounding lies from politicians and media talking heads which I believe is part of why we as a nation and society are experiencing many of our current problems.
We are told and have been programmed to accept pleasant sounding lies to evade the unpleasant realities of our failing education system, lack of health care, lack of preparation for looming climate changes, incompetent and venal politicians, and more.
….

You hit the nail on the head there. Those are our real problems.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
Not trying to offend anyone, but by no means am I on the left. I just don't buy into all the finger pointing, it's the simple concept of misdirection. To me the far right (and far left) creates all these narratives to distract from the real issues. Neither the left nor the right are perfect, and both far sides of the left AND the right do a great job of drawing attention away from their own f**k ups by pointing the finger at others.

Just because I don't buy all the conspiracy theories from the far right, doesn't mean I'm on the left.

If you want to have a civilized conversation, we can take it offline and discuss in DMs, but discussing this here is most definitely going to get some some people all riled up.
No. No offense either, but we will be wasting both of our time.
A bunch of idiots entering the Capitol on January 6th, although it was wrong, were not the actions of the far right and anyone who calls it far right is simply supporting the far left narrative.
And yes, the BLM riots were a lot worse, and a much darker time for our country. But they are still running free.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts