Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Legitimate Combatant
7,554 Posts
Have to admit that shooting my Glock rattled me a little bit in the beginning, despite my double ear protection (Axil GS and Walker muffs). The big bang coupled with the recoil is quite something. I am still a newbie to guns.
9mm is not much recoil and not much bang for the buck. You will need to shoot enough rounds to feel absolutely comfortable with your new firearm and fully expect what it delivers. I once took a break from shooting and it took a few hundred rounds to feel normal again.
Enjoy!!!

·
Legitimate Combatant
7,554 Posts
I just received an email from Attorney General Bonta. This will be interesting.

Bonta issued the memorandum to CCW issuing agencies telling them to drop the "good cause" requirement because he was compelled to do so, but something tells me his heart is not really in it.

'
Peter,

Last month, the conservative-led Supreme Court ruled against commonsense gun safety measures, striking down a century-old New York law restricting who can carry loaded firearms in public.

But here is what I tell you today: Here in California, we are committed to safeguarding our citizens, our children, and our future through commonsense gun safety laws.

In the wake of mass shootings in Buffalo and Uvalde, and with gun deaths at an all-time high, ensuring that dangerous individuals are not allowed to carry concealed firearms is more important than ever.

The California Department of Justice is working to advance policy that protects California communities and saves lives, and just recently, Governor Newsom signed into law a bill we sponsored to hold the gun industry accountable by allowing Californians to sue for the harm they cause.

Watch my statement on this new law and how we continue to support commonsense measures on gun violence, and share with your friends to help spread the word.

We don’t have to wait for Congress to pass legislation on gun safety. There are commonsense steps we can take right now to continue making progress on safeguarding our state from gun violence.

By increasing accountability for the firearm industry – which we did through this new bill – as well as ensuring that prohibited people cannot illegally purchase guns, ending the sale of illegal “ghost guns,” and improving transparency on the gun violence epidemic too many communities are grappling with, we can make California safer.

I’m working with folks all across the state to ensure that we take meaningful action on gun violence – not put more guns on our streets. Watch my message on how we can combat gun violence in our communities, and then chip in to help us continue this work.

Thank you,

Rob Bonta
They are stacking their sh!t rather high!

·
Legitimate Combatant
7,554 Posts
I would be very concerned with 3D printing and using a firearm only since I don't feel the technology and materials are satisfactory to provide longevity. Now a polymer pistol lower and/or milled out rifle lowers I have no issues with.

Technically it is possible to own a ghost gun in California provided you apply for a serial number. See below how you do that.
I will not be doing that in California, trust me!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts