Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Welcome to the forum, the G 17 is a great first choice.

Reactions: pr5992 and Olga17

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
It will do nothing to prevent someone bent on murder and passed by idiots on a tyrannical bent.
However they can claim they did something that will do nothing but at least they did something.:mad:

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Well, if it helps keeping guns out of the hands of nutcases, I'm all for it.
Do you seriously think anything in the bill will prevent the next situation, other than the new infringements enacted on We The People of the several states.If that were the case I would lead me to believe that you were against the Bruen decision,as that infringement by N Y state was for the same reasoning.

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
I don't know. If you look at all the mass shootings in the last couple of decades - and by "mass shooting" I mean some guy shooting people randomly in school, or nightsclubs, or churches, randomly - the shooter was always some guy with severe mental issues. Guys like that shouldn't be able to get guns, wouldn't you agree?

In the Uvalde school shooting there were plenty of armed police officers, but instead of going in they waited outside for a full hour, and they even prevented parents with guns from going in. How idiotic is that? Laws in Texas aren't exactly restrictive, and yet here you are.

I don't know whether this law is the answer but these mass shootings in schools sicken me.
"I don't know whether this law is the answer but these mass shootings in schools sicken me."

As it does all of us,it's the method gone about correcting it. All of the provisions in the bill have gone around from 2019,2020 and 2021 and when introduced by their respective authors went exactly no where.

What was required was the impetuous to lump them together to pass under the pressure of the situations they were without the pressure of the incident they were going no where fast. Now we live with the infringements till who knows when as NYSRPA v Bruen only took more than 100 years, think I'm wrong, wait till the next incident and renewed calls for even more as these provisions will not stop the next one, sadly.

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
The present system has already proven itself to be a failure on numerous occasions where people passed an NICS background check and legally purchased firearms after being deemed unfit to have them, the shooter in Buffalo NY for example, and this political stunt won't improve anything.
This was created, supported, and passed by members of both Parties to give the sheeple the impression that these politicians are "working for the people's safety and security" and aid them in keeping their places at the tax payer funded feed trough.
As I have said before, if anti firearm individuals and groups were serious about doing something positive in regards to the firearms problem we have in the US then why have they never asked the responsible firearm owners of the US for our ideas, suggestions, and assistance?
"The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." Albert Camus
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp....................
Correct,purly political theater.

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
What do you suggest to stop the next mass shooting?

If you could write a law to stop the crazies, what would it be?
The problem is that congress can't legislate morality,so instead legislate the people and pile on new and further infringements.

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Once we acknowledge that we do not have a firearm problem, but a society degradation problem instead, we will be better positioned to logically work on a solution.
Bingo,morality can't be legislated.

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Oh well.

Reactions: Old Bloke

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
They used to, that's why I'm asking for someone to check it with a magnet.
Just checked S&B 230 gr. 45 ACP purchased this spring and there is no attraction to a magnet and that only speaks to that one load, however S&B has in the past been non metallic.

Reactions: Old Bloke

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Judge Benitez had a hearing yesterday morning to set the schedule for lawyer briefings in Miller v Bonta. The bottom line is that all the briefings have to be in within the next two months (60 days), much faster than what AG Bonta had proposed. Apparently Judge Benitez likes to keep everyone on their toes.

Following the Bruen decision the lawyers have to essentially do historic research as to what the state of affairs was back in 1791 about assault weapons. That should be interesting, I doubt if 'assault weapons' was on anyone's mind back then. Weren't they shooting with muskets and flintlocks and black powder back then?

Bruen is the death nell of gun control. The state of Commiefornia knows what judge Benitez's previous decision was and their SA and magazine bans are soon to be in the trash can, where they belong.

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
"Sure hope so. Along the way, we should ditch the ‘68 Gun Control Act."

"The 86 Hughes Amendment."

Lets not forget the original infringement of the 2 nd. amendment,the 1934 NFA which is currently be challenged,all are un Constitutional at least according to the wording of the 2 nd. amendment.

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Don't be fooled though. Under Bruen, States can still require background checks, mental health records checks, and some training in firearms.

View attachment 275747
Even those are un Constitutional according to the plain wording of the 2 nd. amendment as written,think not,show me where the 2 nd. wording allows for any of those infringements.Remember the federal government was strictly forbidden/prohibited from any form of infringement,the bill of rights applied to We The People and not the government.

Second Amendment
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

· Premium Member
10,800 Posts
"Not a novice pistol, obviously, and not available for sale in the United States."

Only the ones produced before 1986.

Reactions: Old Bloke and RIP
1 - 18 of 18 Posts