Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Water Smile Sky Muscle Sleeve

Pretty much what Danzig said.
For ammo, the more popular offerings are HST, Gold Dot, and Ranger T. I like the Ranger without the T, and Bonded Golden Saber +P. All work well in the 124 grain weight. Some folks prefer 147 grain, and I like the 147 grain Ranger. At this point in history, take any of these you can find as long as the pistol likes it.
The good part is Glocks will run just about anything, and for range fodder, that is great.
Happy shopping

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Nothing in that bill would have changed a single mass shooting. Well, it might disarm the person who could have stopped it.
Font Poster Photo caption Advertising Event

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I don't know. If you look at all the mass shootings in the last couple of decades - and by "mass shooting" I mean some guy shooting people randomly in school, or nightsclubs, or churches, randomly - the shooter was always some guy with severe mental issues. Guys like that shouldn't be able to get guns, wouldn't you agree?

In the Uvalde school shooting there were plenty of armed police officers, but instead of going in they waited outside for a full hour, and they even prevented parents with guns from going in. How idiotic is that? Laws in Texas aren't exactly restrictive, and yet here you are.

I don't know whether this law is the answer but these mass shootings in schools sicken me.
All "Gun Free Zones" for the most part. Several were stopped in their tracks, literally, but no one wanted to champion that, did they.
Laws are already in place to restrict mentally ill, anti depressants, chemical dependent, family violence history, illegal aliens, and a host of other things. They work to an extent, but only when people are honest.
People aren't honest.
We have these signs on several districts in the area. It paints a clear picture of how poor behavior will be handled.
Purple Font Rectangle Magenta Signage

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
There are two things here: 1. gun safety at the range and 2. gun free zones.

Yes, gun safety at the range makes perfect sense, as does the sign that you display.

But "gun free zones" placards at businesses ... do they actually work?

I am a Red Cross blood platelet donor, I donate platelets every two weeks.

There is a sign at at the door of the donation center where I go, informing me that I cannot carry concealed arms.

I don't even know why anyone would want to carry a concealed weapon when he or she is about to donate blood or blood platelets.

Or maybe it's to warn off criminals, about to steal blood platelets?

But hey, this is California. ;)
We are talking "Gun Free Zones" here, or I am, and blurring the issue with another subject is not productive.
Signs tell criminals that law abiding people are unarmed, or should be. You carry because you are protecting your interest. You carry everywhere you can, and you are vigilant everywhere you go.
The people we see in the Nooz are very likely not interested in anything of the business nature, just the safest place for them to do what they are doing. Over half the "mass shootings", and the criteria changes with the wind, are disgruntled employees, or domestic relationship type things. Not something a normal person would do, but here we are. Stress is a demon.
You seem to be looking for an argument or a plant from the DU. I'm out.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
While ultra restrictive firearms laws and regulations very likely do create safer and better qualified legal firearm owners they don't keep criminals and crazies from acquiring firearms and killing and injuring people.
The people of Norway found this out in 2011 and unfortunately were once again reminded of this just a couple days ago.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............
So, explain Detroit, NOLA, St Louis, Memphis, and Baltimore. Just by eliminating stats from those 5, the US goes from #192 to #3 in safe countries.
There are some standouts. Just eliminate Chicago, Cleveland, Baton Rouge, Little Rock, and KC.
That might carry us to the safest country in the world. Funny haw that works and who are running the mentioned above.
Font Rectangle Signage Magenta Brand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts