Glock Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
Welcome from NY, the other communist side of the country, Pete.
I can`t really recommend anything more that what the 2 previous posts mentioned.
Shoot a few different defense ammo brands and find out what works best in the gun and for your accuracy.

And train hard! Situational awareness is your first best tool of defense. Eye`s wide open!

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and feedback everyone. As to ammo, I'll just go with whatever the store recommends me (that's Old West Gun Room in El Cerrito by the way, a bit of an institution here in the Bay Area). Buying ammunition online is not really an option in Calfornia, easiest is to buy from a licensed gun dealer.

As to the hearing protection, I bought an AXIL GS Extreme (that's a little bud that goes in your ear with a clip around your ear to hold it in place; with electronic amplification of ambient sounds, bluetooth etc.) and a Razor Slim electronic muff. The idea is to use both at the same time, so the muffs go on top of the earbuds for additional protection. The Axil has a claimed noise reduction of 29dB and the Razor an additional 23dB. Since I'll wear glasses and there's a little electronic from the Axil going around my neck maybe a little less because of leaking but maybe 50dB total dampening, while still being able to hear my instructor. I've watched dozens of reviews, opinions about what is 'best' differ, I'll start with these and see how they work for me. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but getting hearing damage or even tinnitus is probably the last thing I need.
Tinnitus is terrible. Protect those ear drums any way possible!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts