Glock Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Glock G17, G26, G22, G27, and Remington 870 tac 14 20 gauge.
801 Posts
Good evening everyone:

I just purchased my first handgun, a Glock 17 third generation. I live in Oakland, originally from Europe. I am not wild about guns in general, but things are getting a little wild around here. When the **** hits the fan I want to be able to defend myself and my loved ones. I will be picking up my gun two weeks from now (California law) and take a couple of handgun safety classes, and training on the range. I know the basics but it's all about training, so safe gun handling becomes second nature.

Two questions:

1. Any recommendations as to ammunition?
2. Any recommendations regarding hearing protection?

Thanks,
Peter
Welcome to the group. If you ask a question, you'll get an honest answer. The people here have been great with me.

·
Glock G17, G26, G22, G27, and Remington 870 tac 14 20 gauge.
801 Posts
Hey everyone:

I am a gun newbie, and this is my first handgun, a Glock 17, third generation. I also got an ammunition box, a gunsafe from Amazon, several speed loaders (the lula and Ludex), and hearing protection (Axil GS 2 and the Walker Razor). Next up are gun safety classes and range time. I dry fired the gun with snap caps for several days (and watched probably hundreds of youtube videos) to understand the basis physics, I think I am getting there. But nothing like firing live ammunition.

Cheers from sunny California,

Peter View attachment 271308 View attachment 271309 View attachment 271310
That's basically how I store my self defense ammo. I use an old paintball ammo can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts