New glock owner

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Gen3g23, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Gen3g23

Gen3g23 New Member

I just came back from the range with my brand new glock 23 gen3. I put about 75 rounds through and I've got to be honest I do not like the way the trigger feels at all. Anyone have any good suggestions of what I could do to make it more comfortable for me.

2. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Your Glock is still new, keep shooting to wear the contact surfaces and it should start to smooth out. Or buy a new trigger setup.

3. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

What do you mean by how it feels?
    Is it to light, to heavy, spongie, rough,?
    A little bit more info please.

4. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Ghost "Rocket" trigger! I love mine.

5. Gen3g23

Gen3g23 New Member

It feels a little rough to me but it could be that it's new like person above said.

6. put 2000 rounds in it and make sure it's actually a problem. if it is:

ghost drop in, 3.5# with a wolf 6# spring. takes seconds to install, price tag is around $17+S&H

7. Could speed that process up by polishing a little. 25 cent job.

OP......is this your first Glock? Is this your first striker fire weapon? Is this your first gun?

8. I'm still of the opinion that the $0.25 job is a placebo. Like giving a psych patient tic tacs and suddenly the voices stop.

9. It is IMO also but placebo's do work sometimes.;)

10. Gen3g23

Gen3g23 New Member

This is my first pistol. But the reason I bought a glock is because I shot my buddies glock 22 and fell in love with it.

11. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

You gotta keep in mind, your buddies Glock probably already has had extensive range time. And contrary to some people, a Glock needs to be broken in. So keep shooting it and the trigger will smooth out. I bought a G19 2 weeks ago, and the trigger is a lot more smoother now than when it was out of the box. And Glocks are already great out of the box to begin with. Plus your buddies Glock might have been modified too.

12. steverich88

steverich88 New Member

You deff want to switch to a 3.5 trigger pull

13. Be carefull, because if you start working on it its hard to stop.... I wanted a better trigger feel on my gen 4 22 and I went crazy. Fulcrom trigger, light striker spring,? titanium striker, and just about anything I could find in a catalog. I love it all. Out of the box or tricked out you made a great choice. Enjoy the heck out of it...