New Glock owner in waiting

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by safrica, May 16, 2012.

1. safrica

safrica New Member

Hi All,

I am in the 10 day waiting period for my Glock 22. Gen 4 pistol.
    I haven't owned a Glock before but when I felt the gen 4's smaller grip in my hand I knew now was the time I wanted one.
    I am super excited to receive my new pistol and couldn't wait to join the forum. Maybe i can get some good tips & advice from experienced shooters on my new purchase.

I owned a HK usp c. Great gun but never loved the grip. The G22 is replacing that. I currently have and a Beretta 85 .380
    I don't carry or have to worry about ccw but I do enjoy getting out to the range 4-5 times a year. I own for home protection.

Glock has a different lower profile in the hand to what I'm used to, any tips for a new Glock shooter?
    Are there any snags or don't do items I should be aware of to protect & maintain the pistol ?
    Or protect my hands when bringing the firearm to a firing position? I wouldn't want to get pinched on my first round :)

Thanks for welcoming me to your forum.

S

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hello safrica. Welcome to the forum, take look through all the sub forums and i bet y oull find an answer to all of your questions. Of course though if you dont please feel free to post in any spot you think suits your question and you will get amswers. Thanks,welcome,enjoy.

3. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN New Member

Welcome to the forum!

4. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to our community!

5. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

I am on day 2 of my 7 day wait for my first glock. Gen4 G19. I originally had them put a Gen 3 on layaway for me but I had them change it when I paid it off the other day...this week is D R A G G I N G.

Good luck with yours and welcome.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum safrica !!

7. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

8. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum! Stick around, you will like it here!

9. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello SAfrica, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Where are you from? Just curious about the username. Looks like you are using an iPhone, did you download the App?

Cheers!

11. safrica

safrica New Member

Thanks for your warm welcome to the forum

I am an Ex-South African, living in California. Different gun laws here. Some better, some worse, mostly stupid everywhere though.
    Still have to wait until next week to receive my G22 and then next weekend to go shooting :cool:

12. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase, the wait sucks doesnt it? I had a 3 day wait here in IL and I thought THAT was bad.... I can't imagine a 3 day wait lol

13. I mean a 10 day wait, ha my bad....

14. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    welcome to the forum. i had a 3day wait here in ga. longest days of my life

15. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

No wait here in AZ, but the months saving up for it and hoping it was in stock were long ones...

16. NoMoss

NoMoss New Member

Welcome to the forum! Another California - which part of the state? I'm near Sacramento.

17. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Ouch on that ten day wait. Just purchased my 23 and two day wait in WI :)

18. NoMoss

NoMoss New Member

Safrica -I'm also in the ten day wait, I feel your pain!