Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, new to guns, tryin to get in the game. waiting to get my first glock. its a G19 gen 3 (heard bad things about the gen 4) any useful tid bits are certainly welcome! :D

·
Banned
767 Posts
Welcome to the forum buddy!!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Well, first of all welcome!! Second if all my furst two glocks were a g23 and a g21 both gen4 and i just cant say enough good things about them both. I just dont get thus gen4 bad rap thing? Do you mind telling us where your info. Is from? Just trying to get this whole" i heard bad things about the gen4" talk. I say it just aint true but would like to hear the other side. Thanks for coming to the forum, you gonna love it here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome, you will have fun and learn a few things too. Shot placement is a big deal in my opinion. With that being said the G19 is a good choice & Glock's biggest seller. The G19 will be my next purchase then the G34.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
big mo said:
Welcome, you will have fun and learn a few things too. Shot placement is a big deal in my opinion. With that being said the G19 is a good choice & Glock's biggest seller. The G19 will be my next purchase then the G34.
19 is a smooth ride i hear!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum datbuenoG19! We have a great community here. I hope you have a wonderful time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone those were quick responses! and @ dutches i saw a video on youtube of a gen4 having troubles properly ejecting spent shells, i do like all the newer features of the gen4 tho, and when i was at the gun shop (maryland small arms range) the guy there actually tried to manually jam a gen3 by rapidly pulling the slide back manually with these little fake bullets and the gen3 didnt jam once but the gen4 jammed all 3 times he did it. BUT also the gen3 he was using was the rental and the gen4 was a brand new gun, so maybe that had something to do with it. they were saying something about the recoil reduction spring causing it.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
datbuenoG19 said:
thanks everyone those were quick responses! and @ dutches i saw a video on youtube of a gen4 having troubles properly ejecting spent shells, i do like all the newer features of the gen4 tho, and when i was at the gun shop (maryland small arms range) the guy there actually tried to manually jam a gen3 by rapidly pulling the slide back manually with these little fake bullets and the gen3 didnt jam once but the gen4 jammed all 3 times he did it. BUT also the gen3 he was using was the rental and the gen4 was a brand new gun, so maybe that had something to do with it. they were saying something about the recoil reduction spring causing it.
Sorry dat, wasnt me on a youtube, maybe cause it is dutchs not dutchEs? I have not had one single issue with my gen4 21 or gen4 23. Really, not one. Over 1000 RDS.Through each. My favorite guns! Hey, send me that link if you can. Ok?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome aboard! I've only been here a week or so and alrdy learned VOLUMES! Look 4wrd 2 ur contributions as the wonderful world of Glock firearms opens up to u. Fwiw, I had a G19 and a G21 that kept kicking casings into my face. Maybe a spring issue...I don't know. Traded em boh off for Gen 3 of the same model and all is well. I also prefer the grip of the Gen 3, but that's just me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry dutchS, [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkHEdNx0Mk4[/ame] theres the video i saw, that video and the demonstration at the gun shop are the reasons i chose gen3. it just seemed to me that the extra recoil spring they added in the 9mm isnt needed. maybe for the larger calibers but not the 9mm. and again im no gun expert im just getting into it, so im not trying to be a know it all by any means.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
datbuenoG19 said:
sorry dutchS, Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkHEdNx0Mk4 theres the video i saw, that video and the demonstration at the gun shop are the reasons i chose gen3. it just seemed to me that the extra recoil spring they added in the 9mm isnt needed. maybe for the larger calibers but not the 9mm. and again im no gun expert im just getting into it, so im not trying to be a know it all by any means.
No worries mate! I had some weird message one day about my video being accepted to youtube and you said that and you know , it just all was like a ight bulb going off! You well may be right about the 9 thing as well, i have a Ruger SR 9 and it certainly has no need for the double spring, its smoth like budda already. But my G21 gen 4 performs really well with the double spring. Its all preference. And just in case, it most certainly wasnt my intention for you to think i would look at you that way. We always respect each ithers opinions and knowledge without prejudgement here. This is the most top notch forum you will have any chance to be a part of. Really great bunch here! Thanks for the link and keep checking things out there really is a lot to offer here! Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
74,864 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a Gen4 G19, G22 and G23 and have never had a problem with any of them.
Sit back and enjoy the Glock Forum Ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks dutchs, looking foreword to keeping up to date with you guys and learning from everyone here! :D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
datbuenoG19 said:
thanks dutchs, looking foreword to keeping up to date with you guys and learning from everyone here! :D
No probken dat! If you get a spare 15 bucks, go premium! Ask anyone, its a well spent 15 dollars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh nvm... i just read the link that explained all the added features for premium. i might just have to do that when i have 15 bucks layin around.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts