Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was born and raised a 1911 man since I was ten I have been around used and was told the 1911 pistol was the best and only sidearm fit for an American! When I talked my wife (who works in the legal profession ) to get a firstly we went to a gun show and spent a full two hours of her picking up guns and to my demise she selected a Glock 23! So we purchased her a Glock and we went to a gun range at the time I carried a Springfield 1911 btw and we shot 100 rounds each! Being that she is very new to firearm's in general we decided to take a beginners gun course! Our instructor carries glocks yes plural he carries a 19 and a 23 at all times! I shot a 23 while we took the course and ........ well fell in love! Now this was months ago since we have completed the beginners coarse and as soon as she has our son (she is 7 months pregnant) we are going to complete our intermediate coarse and the advanced as well! I have carried my Glock in a iwb m tac Minotaur EVERYWHERE that the law allows in ga in all conditions submerged in water while fishing thrown it over my shoulder in a gravel parking lot to show a Springfield guy why I chose Glock over an xdm! In its short life life span 1000 rounds more or less it has no signs of wear is deadly accurate and most importantly I feel 100% confident that any time I pull it and squeeze the trigger it will kill or destroy what ever I'm aiming at! With my 1911 I was a good shooter! After last weeks session with my instructor my second one overall he remarked that I could qualify with local law enforcement and most federal agencies that he has trained with!! I LOVE my Glock! It needed only two mods for me to be totally satisfied with it and for what my needs are for it! Trijicon night sights and a mag well plug! Cost of mods 120$ ! With my 1911 it needed trigger work sights ported and a new beavertail / hammer at a cost of 400+ ! My Glock 23 is the best gun purchase I have ever made I LOVE MY GLOCK! And to think I used to make fun if cops for eating too many doughnuts and carrying plastic guns! Ha ha

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yeah I too grew up in a 1911 World. But the reliability and useability of the Glock has sold me! Welcome to the Dark Side!:D BTW Congrats on the New Kid! Raise them Right and around Guns! We need a New Generation of Gun Nuts up and coming!;)

·
1,310 Posts
Glock23punisher56 said:
I was born and raised a 1911 man since I was ten I have been around used and was told the 1911 pistol was the best and only sidearm fit for an American! When I talked my wife (who works in the legal profession ) to get a firstly we went to a gun show and spent a full two hours of her picking up guns and to my demise she selected a Glock 23! So we purchased her a Glock and we went to a gun range at the time I carried a Springfield 1911 btw and we shot 100 rounds each! Being that she is very new to firearm's in general we decided to take a beginners gun course! Our instructor carries glocks yes plural he carries a 19 and a 23 at all times! I shot a 23 while we took the course and ........ well fell in love! Now this was months ago since we have completed the beginners coarse and as soon as she has our son (she is 7 months pregnant) we are going to complete our intermediate coarse and the advanced as well! I have carried my Glock in a iwb m tac Minotaur EVERYWHERE that the law allows in ga in all conditions submerged in water while fishing thrown it over my shoulder in a gravel parking lot to show a Springfield guy why I chose Glock over an xdm! In its short life life span 1000 rounds more or less it has no signs of wear is deadly accurate and most importantly I feel 100% confident that any time I pull it and squeeze the trigger it will kill or destroy what ever I'm aiming at! With my 1911 I was a good shooter! After last weeks session with my instructor my second one overall he remarked that I could qualify with local law enforcement and most federal agencies that he has trained with!! I LOVE my Glock! It needed only two mods for me to be totally satisfied with it and for what my needs are for it! Trijicon night sights and a mag well plug! Cost of mods 120$ ! With my 1911 it needed trigger work sights ported and a new beavertail / hammer at a cost of 400+ ! My Glock 23 is the best gun purchase I have ever made I LOVE MY GLOCK! And to think I used to make fun if cops for eating too many doughnuts and carrying plastic guns! Ha ha
Uh, question...I thought you said it was HER Glock? LOL!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I felt the same way about my 1911s for a long time. I wasn't going to trade steel for plastic. Then I received my Dad's mod 19 when he entered assisted living. I went from zero to four in less than year. Three of them are the lowly 9mm which I said that I would never own either. Strange how our opinions change when confronted with excellence. I still love my 1911s. Now they are my range guns along with my mod 34. The rest of the glocks mostly come out at night, mostly. (Newt, Aliens 1986):D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yeah, I grew up "old school" thinking EVERY handgun should be steel framed, hammer fired, until I got intoduced to "The Dark Side"! Lol! I was mainly that way because of my dad. He still doesn't like striker fired, "plastic" guns. But, after owning one, I'll never go back! Sheer Perfection!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Funny because I am still a 1911 guy..a revolver guy..and a plastic gun guy. Started out with revolvers when I was 10 (I am 62 soon!). Then I was introduced to an old WW2 1911 bring back from the war. I got to shoot it and fell in lust for the .45 and the 1911 style guns. Many years later, I tried a friends Glock 21. Wow, loved it. I have all kinds of guns, and usually carry a 1911, but recently purchased a G27 and an FNP40 (not at the same time). I also am a big Sig fan, but do you know what I carry most of the time now??? My G27 with an LCP in the right pocket. What a combo, right? But I do still carry my Sig 1911 C3Plus from time to time. As a side note, my wife hates Glocks..she just cannot seem to adjust to the grip angle. She does like the FNP40 and shoots the 1911 style guns with no problems. She also likes Sigs..P220, P239 and carries one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts