Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bunch of different ammo. Took me 4 or 5 magazines until I got through a complete magazine without an issue. Didn't really find anything to run consistently. Put maybe 100 rounds through it. It is accurate. Hoping the hiccups work themselves out as it breaks in. I had some high velocity that had issues which surprised me. I think they were Winchester hollow point. I didn't have any cci ammo. I'm just going to run through the 1000 rounds of what I got and go from there

· Registered
149 Posts
Work the slide a few hundred cycles the next time you're watching tv (during commercials), this will help 'break in' the recoil spring. Also, pop out the magazine follower tabs and using a short piece of dowel rod, put it through the follower to use as a handle and then work the magazine spring up and down as well. This method is faster and less expensive than running ammo through it to settle the springs in, and it works.

If you're having first and second-round 'nosedive' issues, consider this: GLOCK 44 MAG MODIFICATION

· Registered
149 Posts
The mag spring and the recoil spring have to be JUST the right tension to work together.. if the magazine springs are too tight, the slide might not be able to have enough forward momentum to strip the round out of the magazine and likewise if the recoil spring has too much tension it's difficult to rack the slide and it may not fully cycle all the way back to correctly eject the round fired and load another one from the magazine.. when you think about it, you realize it's a finely tuned balance between those two springs to make the whole thing function correctly...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts