New Glock 26 malfunctions

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Liquid, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Liquid

Liquid New Member

Hello, I'm new to the Glock community. I purchased my first one yesterday (Glock 26), and went to the range today. I absolutely love the firearm, and it's the perfect combination between CCW, Capacity, and recoil.

I had a couple hiccups, though. After about 50 rounds (Winchester White Box 115 Grain), I would notice that sometimes the gun would not fire. The previous round would extract, and the new one would load (or so I think), but the trigger pulls and nothing happens. I racked the slide and extracted the unfired round, and went about my business, however this would happen about once every 2 magazines. Just to check, I did fire a magazine of Hornady Critical Duty 135 Grain and everything went perfect, but one magazine I feel is not enough to tell. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back on the range, so I was wondering if someone might have some insight on why this might be happening. I am not limp wristing at all, and I haven't had any failure to extract/feed at all. I did notice that twice out of the 200 rounds I went through today, I had it fail to go into battery, but that could be an error on my part.

I appreciate all the help!:thankyou:

2. kurtpenn

kurtpenn GLOCK Certified Armorer

On the Winchester rounds that did not fire, were there firing pin indentions left in the primer? If so, were they the same as the rounds that did fire? If there are indeed firing pin indentions in the mis-fired rounds, I would suspect it's faulty ammo.

-Kurt

3. kennydale

kennydale Well-Known Member

Make sure your hand (Thumbs especially) are not on the slide. If your sure you are not hindering the slide from going into battery, call Glock.

4. Liquid

Liquid New Member

Unfortunately, I was not smart enough to look. I'm hoping it was the ammo. I'm going to try and get back out again soon, what would you recommend for a good 9mm target round?

My hand position is never on the slide, I even noticed it not going into battery after putting in a new magazine.

Thanks for the replies!

5. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Member

I would do a good field strip and cleaning. This will give you a chance to inspect the RSA and internals. Then put another couple hundred rounds through. Winchester WB can be hit or miss.

I usually prefer Fed. American Eagle for target shooting. Give us an update when you can.

Sent from my iPhone

6. Liquid

Liquid New Member

Will do! Probably not going to get out and shoot until next week sometime.

Thanks for the replies!

7. G29er

G29er New Member

I would say hard primer. I had the same problem with the WWB 40sw 165 but it was very seldom. The rounds that failed to fire had indentations on the primer but it was shallow.

However, I reloaded them and they fired.

8. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I agree withG29er. But, I've never had any range ammo failures with any of my Glocks using WWB, CCI Blazer, Federal, Sellier Bellot, Magtech, etc.

9. Cubbie_Blues

Cubbie_Blues Well-Known Member

With the slide not kicking back, be sure to keep your trigger hand's thumb away from the slide release. It doesn't take much pressure on the slide releases to keep the slide from locking back.

10. aDave

aDave Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

OP, perhaps you might want to look at this thread:https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f25/new-glock-failure-fire-33672/

While hard primers or ammo may be an issue, your comment about your gun not going into battery (that you actually noticed) may be a partial clue as well. Unfortunately, we don't have the rounds that you ejected to help determine that.

If, after cleaning and lubing your gun, you still have "misfire" issues, take a look at the primer strike to see what it looks like. If it looks "normal," and it is centered, it is more than likely an ammo issue.

If your primer strike is off-center and does not look like your normal primer strike, your gun is not fully going into battery. When your gun is not fully in battery, your firing pin is not in alignment with the center of the primer which results in off-center and lighter strikes. The reason the strikes will be lighter is that the slide is not as far forward as it can go. This lack of going into battery (and all it needs to be are fractions of an inch) may be imperceptible to you while you are shooting, and your only clue to an issue may be the misfire. But, you'll need to look at the round that was in the chamber to see if that's what you're dealing with.

If you are somehow not impeding the slide travel (and it sounds like you aren't based on your statement), the most likely culprit is a bad RSA. Even though it's a new gun, you can still end up with a faulty part. If you are continually having problems, and the strikes are off-center, give Glock a call and describe your problem. They'll probably take care of you in the way that is referenced in the thread I linked.

Be sure to update us as to any resolution. Regards.

Dave

11. glockguy597

glockguy597 New Member

Federal Champion from walmart is a great target ammo. Blazer Brass or magtech are other good alternatives so is Perfecta from walmart

12. Liquid

Liquid New Member

Thanks everyone for your help! I just got back to the range and everything ran perfectly. Went through 100 rounds of Federal target ammo, and no hiccups.

You guys rock!

13. G29er

G29er New Member

But naturally. :rayof: