New glock 22

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by 409corey, Feb 11, 2012.

1. 409corey

409corey New Member

Ok so this my first Glock and I want to trick it out but not sure where to begin and what to do to my glock. I plan to use it at home and at the range also my carry it with me on trips! I was thinking about getting 3.5 Ghost connector, Viridian c5l laser/light and extended barrel..... But am I just over doing it? Should I just leave it alone and shot it or what? What would y'all do? Yes I said y'all..... I'm from Texas!!! Lol .... I guess my whole point is I want a fun ,cool and functional gun!

2. Dave Thomas Jr

Dave Thomas Jr New Member

My personal opinion is to get some range time in and then get some more range time in. Get a feel for the gun and get used to it before you decide to change it . See if it needs changing after you get some trigger time in. Happy Shooting!!

3. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I agree 100% with Dave's post, get in some range time FIRST, then make your choices.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum 409corey !!

+1 on leaving it unmodified until you got some range time behind you...

5. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN New Member

I agree shoot it and find what you like and what you don't first.

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Like already stated above, get used to shooting it first. Then decide if you need to make mods.

7. blackmamba26

blackmamba26 New Member

Agree. After shooting mine a couple of times, the 1st modification I did was to change from a stock 5.5 to a 3.5 connector. Then painted the lettering and then added a polymer magwell.

8. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Run the gun and when you know it well the mods needed if any will be very much at the forefront of your thoughts. For me it was a slide end plate and some paint and night sights and much more ammo. I have shot Glocks with the lighter triggers and aftermarket RSA's and did not feel that they were any better than what I had stock, different yes, better I am not sure.

9. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

The G22 is a cool, fun and very functional gun the way it is..stock!! Save your money and buy ammo and practice shooting. Find your self defense ammo choice, then buy lots of it, and run it through your gun to insure reliability and function, as well as where it shoots. Once you have done that, then and only then, would I think about a laser/light combo. Even though I like laser..I would get the rail mounted light for sure and depending on funds, a laser would be included. As far as 3.5 trigger connector, many here like it. I saw no need for it..I got used to my trigger bone stock so I make no recommendations for it. Anyway, it is a great gun!! Enjoy it!!