Glock Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a Gen4 Glock-22 with roughly 100rds through it.

I can see Gen2 40s&w Glocks having issues, but wouldn't Glock Inc fix those issues with later generations?

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I have 2 Law Enforcement Trade In Glocks (a Gen 3 and Gen 4) That I personally shot 400-500 rounds through each and not 1 fail to fire or any issues. I was carrying mine daily until I switched to my Model 32 .357 Sig..I really like my model 22's and my model 23's..I don't see you having any issues with them...Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Welcome & Congrats on the G 22,IIRC the gray were a small run for Larry Vickers from Glock.

Reactions: jhg

·
Gunslinger
9,757 Posts
For a while the PD trade in G22s were just too good a deal to pass up. The PDs flooded the market with them when they converted to 9mm. I like mine and got a G27 for EDC. I don't know of any reported issues with the Gen3 or Gen4. The 40 S&W is my "go to" round. I am an old 1911 man and I love the 45 acp also. I love that I can use G22 mags in the G27 and the fact that both can be converted to 9mm or 357 sig with only a barrel change. I think it is good sign that Glock is offering the G22 in Gen5.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,292 Posts
Welcome aboard from North Texas!

I was in law enforcement when the gen2 & 3 .40s were probably the most widespread. Only issues I recall were the kabooms with the unsupported case barrels and a couple of one off problems.
I have a gen3 22 & 35 now. I use the 35 for uniform security work.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome!

My G22 is a Gen 3. Several thousand rds. through it in the 23 years I have owned it. Has always worked well.

Took it to Smyrna when it was around 21 years old to get it checked out and to get a new recoil spring. They gave me a complete rebuild and 3 new replacement mags (mine were Clinton 10 rounders). Totally free! Glock stands by their products like few companies on earth!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my G22 Gen 3 back when I retired. I had it 10 years while on the job. Probably 10,000 rounds or more through it. No FTF, FTE, any problems of any kind. All I've done since I've retired is replace the springs and the nights sights, which were getting dim. I think you'll love yours like I do mine. Extremely reliable.

Reactions: Bayou and Danzig
1 - 17 of 17 Posts