Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 1st Glock the 22 Gen 4 and I am already in love with this gun. I was looking for info on some nice upgrades to enhance the gun but change is to much of its original feel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Gratz and welcome. I would suggest dropping in an extended slide release and a 3.5lbs trigger connector.

Some like the gen 4 extended mag release, but I don't find it that good of an upgrade as it is barely larger then the stock one. Not like the old extended mag releases that are a lot larger.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the gen3 and I love it!Mine is the compensated 22. I orderd a gen4 compensated but it has not been produced yet. Maybe next year.Any way I changed my connecter. I'm thinking about extended slide release.The compensated barrel stays on target!I love shooting it!I also have a g34 which is very accurate!

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
How about some night sights !?

They say most SD shootings happen in low light situations.

Trijicon, Meprolight, and TruGlo come to mind...

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Eld!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
How about some night sights !?

They say most SD shootings happen in low light situations.

Trijicon, Meprolight, and TruGlo come to mind...
As I see it, in a SD situation even in low light I do not think that night sights would make a difference.

I will not be shooting in a SD situation at more then 3-5 yards. If that is the case, a center mass shot can be obtained by point shooting faster then it can be with the sights.

In that situation I would say practice point shooting a lot and muscle memory will take over if you ever have to use it.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I have trijicon night sights on my G 22 gen4 and thankfully I have not had to test them out in low light or any other light. I do find that I prefer the factory glock sights in daylight or indoor lighting. They are larger and easier to pick up quickly. In a lit room unless the light source is behind you the night sights don't pop like the factory sights. I am not going to put them on my G23.

On the plus side,It is a reassuring glow on the night stand which makes it quick to grab in the dark.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad I found the forum... It beat searching all over the Internet for answers to my Glock questions.

·
1,310 Posts
I have tru glow tritium sights on 3 Glocks but just put XS big dots on my 23 and they are excellent!

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
As I see it, in a SD situation even in low light I do not think that night sights would make a difference.

I will not be shooting in a SD situation at more then 3-5 yards. If that is the case, a center mass shot can be obtained by point shooting faster then it can be with the sights.

In that situation I would say practice point shooting a lot and muscle memory will take over if you ever have to use it.
True that !!...but I would rather have them and not need them than not have them and need them...

I do see and know the point your making tho...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts