New Glock 22 Gen4

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by eld1906, Jun 19, 2012.

1. eld1906

eld1906 New Member

Just got my 1st Glock the 22 Gen 4 and I am already in love with this gun. I was looking for info on some nice upgrades to enhance the gun but change is to much of its original feel.

2. piken

piken New Member

Gratz and welcome. I would suggest dropping in an extended slide release and a 3.5lbs trigger connector.

Some like the gen 4 extended mag release, but I don't find it that good of an upgrade as it is barely larger then the stock one. Not like the old extended mag releases that are a lot larger.

3. eld1906

eld1906 New Member

Thanks for the info

4. I have the gen3 and I love it!Mine is the compensated 22. I orderd a gen4 compensated but it has not been produced yet. Maybe next year.Any way I changed my connecter. I'm thinking about extended slide release.The compensated barrel stays on target!I love shooting it!I also have a g34 which is very accurate!

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

How about some night sights !?

They say most SD shootings happen in low light situations.

Trijicon, Meprolight, and TruGlo come to mind...

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Eld!!

7. piken

piken New Member

As I see it, in a SD situation even in low light I do not think that night sights would make a difference.

I will not be shooting in a SD situation at more then 3-5 yards. If that is the case, a center mass shot can be obtained by point shooting faster then it can be with the sights.

In that situation I would say practice point shooting a lot and muscle memory will take over if you ever have to use it.

8. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have trijicon night sights on my G 22 gen4 and thankfully I have not had to test them out in low light or any other light. I do find that I prefer the factory glock sights in daylight or indoor lighting. They are larger and easier to pick up quickly. In a lit room unless the light source is behind you the night sights don't pop like the factory sights. I am not going to put them on my G23.

On the plus side,It is a reassuring glow on the night stand which makes it quick to grab in the dark.

9. eld1906

eld1906 New Member

Glad I found the forum... It beat searching all over the Internet for answers to my Glock questions.

10. I have tru glow tritium sights on 3 Glocks but just put XS big dots on my 23 and they are excellent!

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

True that !!...but I would rather have them and not need them than not have them and need them...

I do see and know the point your making tho...