New Glock 22 .40

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by mikey75110, May 24, 2012.

1. mikey75110

mikey75110 New Member

New to the forum. And new to the Glock gun. I will be purchasing a new glock 22 .40 for my carry gun. Any suggestions on immediate modification I should do, or leave it as is. I've been doing some research on the glock and found many videos that show mods done. Besides the obvious ones that are a shooters preference like the grip, sites, etc are there any modifications that any of you guys (or gals) have done that you would recommend?

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Mikey, Take a look around. Enjoy. If you get a minute a little something in Itroductions will bring a lot of members to know you.

3. piken

piken New Member

The mod I like the most on my 23 so far is the extended slide release. Much easier to hit with your thumb.

4. Hello, Mikey - nice selection going with the G22 - welcome to the forum!

Since you said that this would be your carry gun, the only thing I'd suggest would be a good set of night sights if you buy one without factory installed night sights.

5. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

^^^ plus one on that.....great choice I have two of the same model (one that is personal and one that is duty)....but also the extended slide release can help in manipulation of the weapon.....anything else is for show and tell lol

6. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum. Great choice in the G22,

7. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Great model! Im issues one at my PD and have a personal one too for competitions and practice ( they want us to keep round counts somewhat
    Low on carry pieces).

As for mods: if starting out maybe just change the connector (3.5lb one). Shoot the heck out of it to learn the trigger and good fundamentals then start working mods in (diff spring weights, heavier guide rods, etc).

Z