Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I just yesterday bought a brand new Glock 19x gen 5. When I brought it home I went over it with a light and took it apart and noticed this crack in the breach face. I’m wondering if it’s something I’ll need to get fixed or if it’s okay? I’ve seen some people talk about tool marks online and have only seen a few pictures but none seemed to look as big/deep as mine. Any thoughts on what I should do? It’s never been fired.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
Welcome to the forum !
I agree with Bayou,I can't tell by the pictures but would contact Glock or if there is a certified Glock armorer near by your location get them to look at it.

·
Premium Member
2,979 Posts
^^^ I got on a kick of running +P+ ( 125 gr going 1,250 fps) to have the same recoil as the issue ammo (Winchester Ranger T-series 127 +P+). Well it managed to go about 40,000 rounds (after about 60,000 rounds of standard 9mm) before the crack appeared. So I dropped the load to 1,180 fps. And went on to over 300,000 rounds. Glock did replace the slide and never even asked why....

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Everybody seems to have that Mark. My wildest guess is it has something to do with making that area stronger during The force of the ejector pushing the shell out of the extractor after a shot. There must be a lot of force there because sometimes extractors get chipped from the force. It’s much easier to replace the extractor than the slide. Anyway whatever happened to Bob he is very knowledgeable and would now for certain

·
Registered
228 Posts
Clean the breech-face with a toothbrush soaked in Hoppes #9. See if it's still there. Regardless if it is or not, either way then go shoot the hell out of it. Clean it again, and I'm willing to bet it will disappear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello I just yesterday bought a brand new Glock 19x gen 5. When I brought it home I went over it with a light and took it apart and noticed this crack in the breach face. I’m wondering if it’s something I’ll need to get fixed or if it’s okay? I’ve seen some people talk about tool marks online and have only seen a few pictures but none seemed to look as big/deep as mine. Any thoughts on what I should do? It’s never been fired.
That's a crack. Mine has no crack. It has nothing to do with the slot machined in the v2 G5s for better ejection. Take it back to the dealer or send it to Glock. I wouldn't fire it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts