New Glock 19 owner from Florence, Or

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dnjscott, Mar 8, 2012.

1. dnjscott

dnjscott New Member

I just wanted to post an official introduction. I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago and figured I should introduce myself.

My name is Dan and I purchased my first Glock last month. I got a new Gen4 19. So far it's been flawless. I've put about 200 rounds of UMC through it with no issues and a couple rounds of Hornady Critical Defense rounds ( just to make sure the cycle with no issues)

I plan on heading to the range this evening to see if it will eat a box of cheap Tulammo 115 gr.

It does have the new extractor and recoil spring so I don't expect any issues.

2. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

Congrats on your new Glock Dnjscott and welcome.

3. dnjscott

dnjscott New Member

Thank you!

4. gfelts

gfelts New Member

I'm in the same boat with ya Dan. Just bought my first personal glock as well, and I also chose the 19. Out of it, my 17, and my 27, its the best. And I have shot Tulammo through all of them too. It does occassionally jam. But for target practice, its the cheapest for me.

5. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome. I have shot TULAMMO as well through my 17 g4 with no major issues clean it after range time... Going to range today for a private class. would like to work on marksmanship... get some good drills to work on.

6. sstock38

sstock38 Premium Member

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome, and I'm glad someone didn't listen to all the internet hype over Gen4s being bad!

8. glad to see another fellow Oregonian

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Dnjscott and Gfelts, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Congratulations on joining the Glock Family and the Glock Forum Family!

Cheers!

10. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

Welcome as well Gfelts. I shoot TulAmmo thru mine at the outdoor range quite often and have never had a problem. Just a lil more cleaning when I get home.

11. oregon23

oregon23 New Member

Nice to see all these Oregon folk on here welcome. I'm from Eugene

12. dnjscott

dnjscott New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, I got to the range last night and put 50 rounds of Tulammo through my 19. One FTF (dud primer), no feed problems at all. Good price for target shooting at under 10 bucks (from Walmart)

13. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Academy Sport's name brand "Monarch" has a steel 9mm round for around $9 for 50 and a brass 9mm round for around $10. The monarch brass is a really clean round. I use blazer brass for my .45s. It's the cheapest .45 I can find at $19 for 50.

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum dnjscott !!

15. dnjscott

dnjscott New Member

Thank You!

16. Welcome to the forum and to Glocks.

I'm also glad to see some fellow Oregonians on this forum.
    Me born and raised in Portland currently living outside of Estacada.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  17. Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

Texas
    Welcome to the forum.

18. Bearlaker

Bearlaker Member Supporter

Hi, congrats on the Glock! I lived in Florence the Summer of '77, beautiful!