New Glock 19 9mm Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sconnie, Feb 26, 2012.

1. sconnie

sconnie Member

Picked mine up today at the local gun range/gun shop after my 48 hour period elapsed. The range was crazy busy today and I had to wait 75 minutes to get a lane. I wouldn't have waited that long if I weren't going to be putting my first rounds through my first hand gun, but it was worth the wait.

I had a blast with it. Its amazing how quickly you can go through 100 rounds, even when I was shooting pretty slowly/methodically. Glad that I've got much more ammo on the way from a low cost source!

Happy with my choice so far, looking forward to my next time on the range with it!

JW

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum sconnie !!

Looking forward to seeing some pics of that new G19...

3. sconnie

sconnie Member

Thanks! Pretty vanilla, totally stock Gen 4 19.

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Ouch, I didn't know states still had cool down periods. I <3 you Colorado. I waited 15 minutes for mine lol.

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hey, JW (Sconnie), WELCOME to the Forum, and Congratulations on your Glock!

Yep, ammo is going to be a consideration. Thankfully, 9x19mm ammo is (relatively) cheap!

Again, WELCOME!

6. sconnie

sconnie Member

Ammo cost was certainly a significant consideration when looking at caliber. Plenty of good deals available online and if I forget to pick up/order ammo my range sells decent target loads for $15 per 50. Certainly more than I'd pay online, even after shipping, but I can live with that when I get caught low on target rounds.

Thanks for the welcome, trying to figure out when my next range trip is coming up. I'm going to be traveling out of state a bit so time will be precious the next few weeks!

JW

7. In Illinois its a 72 hour wait period for handguns, and a 24 hour wait period for shotguns/rifles...

8. Look around at local stores at ammo prices. WalMart usually sells 50 rounds for around $10.

9. rtronco

rtronco New Member

New glock owner 19c 9mm love it so far

10. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

I've had my 19 for bout 4 months no issues at all I'm really looking forward to a couple custom parts for it

11. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum!

12. sconnie

sconnie Member

Well, I did my first mod. Butt plug (behave) that I bought off of EBay. So I'm not totally stock anymore! (g)

JW

13. sconnie

sconnie Member

Just ran another 100 rounds through the new Gen 4 G19, with the help of my 13 year old son that is. Not one issue or problem. And we shot pretty well too! This time we shot 50 Blazers and 50 Black Bears that I got from CheaperThanDirt.com at a great deal.

JW

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum rtronco !!