Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just purchased a new Glock 17 Gen 5 today. I wanted to know if it is still necessary to do the 25 cent trigger job or not? I know the Gen 5 has a modified trigger but is it still necessary/beneficial to do the polishing 25 cent trigger job? I did this on my Gen 4 Glock 21 but really did not notice much of a difference in the way the trigger felt....maybe I did not do it correctly??. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Frank

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,537 Posts
I’ve found getting a great trigger from the factory is sometimes luck of the draw.
I have too many Glocks to count off in my minds eye at the moment and would say no modification is actually “needed”.
I’ve never done a 25 cent trigger job. I have remedied horrible triggers with new connectors though.

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
By doing a so called 25 cent trigger job realistically the benefit will be about 1/2 to 3/4 lb. reduction and that's not by feel but a trigger scale,expecting more is not realistic.

• Helpful
Reactions: Che and Danzig

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By doing a so called 25 cent trigger job realistically the benefit will be about 1/2 to 3/4 lb. reduction and that's not by feel but a trigger scale,expecting more is not realistic.
I wasn't too concerned with lowering the weight but more so to smooth out any grittiness with the trigger. Thanks for your advice.

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
I wasn't too concerned with lowering the weight but more so to smooth out any grittiness with the trigger. Thanks for your advice.
That it will do.

Reactions: Che

·
Registered
587 Posts
I call that the "1000 Round Trigger Job". You also learn and Master Triggeronometry with the Glock.

It will smooth out with shooting. 100 rounds per outing and after five or six outings you will love your trigger.

·
Glocking it everyday!
858 Posts
I’ve ran the gambit and had stock to Gucci Glocks. While I don’t think you’ll gain a lot polishing parts up, for me I felt after polishing and heating up some Frog Lube on them they were less prone to any surface rust.

I have two Gen 5’s now, a 17 and a 34, stock, shot my best time ever with the 34 at a GSSF match with stock sights. That’s another bottomless pit I want to avoid. Since I don’t carry either, having steel night sights is not a priority.

Leave it as stock as you can and spend the money you save on ammunition and range time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts