Glock Forum banner

New Glock 17 Gen 2

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  rogro 
In my experience a glock does not need "broke in". Every glock I own has shot flawlessly out of the box. I have been lucky. JMO tho
I bought my first Glock in 1988 from a friend who had a problem with it stove piping. I had NO interest in owning a Glock and I talked to him and told him it could be the ammo or it could be he was limp wristing it and if he wanted me to I would take him out and see what he was doing and we would make sure he was shooting Good ammo. He was dead set on getting rid of it and so he made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I was the proud owner of a Glock that I had intended to use for trading material not for owning. Now I have NO idea if it was the gun, the ammo or him because I worked the action hundreds of times over the week and at night I would leave it locked open. It never jammed on me then or since! It became my carry gun until Glock came out with the 21 and it became my carry gun until Glock came out with the 30 and that is my EDC ever since! So to be honest I have heard of the older ones having to be broken in but I have never had that problem. But try leaving the slide locked back for a day or so and then take it out with Good Ammo and see if it happens again! You might be surprised ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.