Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just bought my first Glock ( new mod.23 Gen3 ) and new to the forum. I am in Kalifornia and the dealer informed me that Gen4 Glocks can not be sold here. Don't know why but from posts I have read the Gen3 is favored . Anyway , my question is about the new Gen3 connector size. Are they 5lb or 4.5 in the late Gen3's and how can you tell one from the other if there is a such a thing as a 4.5lb connecter . I have seen 4.5 minus O.E.M connectors for sale (Glockmeister.com). Is there going to be a noticeable felt difference between them ( 4.5 & 5lb )? to make the change. Have read that the 3.5 connectors are on the light side for a strictly defense purpose gun.I will be doing a polish job on the trigger parts also.Like I mentioned I am new to the Glock fraternity so please forgive the dumb question. Only way to learn is ask.Thank you everyone for the help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My gen 3 23 didn't have any markings, but your box should state the weight in the label. Either 5.5 or 8 lbs.
It shouldn't have the 4.5lb connector unless someone installed it.

The connectors are the same size for the generations, so of you want to install one yourself it's a simple job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much. My Glock is still in quarantine. Will get it next week and will check the box.

·
Ruthless Overlord
181 Posts
Connector will help. I use Lone Wolf. What really helps are the trigger and striker springs from Wolff. My 23C breaks at about 3.5-4 lbs. I also installed the smooth (vs grooved) trigger from the full size pistols. It feels better to my finger and I generally shoot between 500-600 rds/month.

·
Registered
100 Posts
4 different varieties of connector.

1) +
2) blank
3) -
4) .

The #4 is in the gen 4 glocks and is required for the minor changes in the gen 4 design. Please don't polish on anything! You change engagement to improve the trigger feel it affects safety as well and you might screw up the works. Use the #3 on gen3 models and reduce trigger pull by about a pound. Changing the connector is very simple.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tdog is correct. Standard connector in Gen 3 is 5.5 lbs and has no markings. The minus (-) connector, has a minus sign stamped on it, chagnes the pull to 4.5 lbs give or take. The plus (+) connector changes trigger pull to 8 lbs. The dot (.) connector is for Gen 4 only.

He is also correct in that you do not want to sand, grind, polish, modify the stock parts in any way. A Glock is not a gun that requires any "gun smithing" and performance and safety WILL BE compromised! The internal metal parts that interact with each other have a plated surface and you will destroy the plating and dramatically increase the wear. Polishing will have an adverse effect on the operation of the firearm!

The only performance modifications I would reccomend would be: Extended mag catch. Extended slide stop. Minus trigger connector. Then STOP, SHOOT, and ENJOY Glock Perfection!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts