Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I've already been a forum member for a hot minute, today I finally got my Glock 26.
Picked it up as a new job present to myself.
Not planning on a lot of changes to it but I've already done minor ones. :)

Attachments

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
nicolasfroelich said:
i was thinkin night sights or fiberoptics. well see what strikes me more. haha
Go with the Tru Glo TFO sights man. Super bright! And a little trick, seal the tubes on top with clear fingernail polish so you won't have to worry about them falling out.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
nicolasfroelich said:
ill check em out. whatever sights i get i wanna get them for all my pistols so theyre all uniform.
See if you can find someone with the TFOs. That is what sold me. The dude at the shop showed me his.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
nicolasfroelich said:
even with the stock sights i can gain a sight picture much quicker then my ruger. and i love my ruger, its a great, very accurate gun. but the glock is quicker for sure
Yeah I've gotten used to it. My arms and hands no just where to stop to get a sight picture quickly. That comes from just dry firing at the wall after drawing when I'm bored.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on the new G26. I carry mine everyday. Don't bother with a new recoil guide rod. For a carry pistol best money spent will be on night sights and a quality holster. I polished the internals at all the contact points on mine just for good measure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Watching your video, you concluded that the recoil spring is not straight. That apparently is just the way it is. This bowed tendency will cause the gouging of the frame if placed in a certain way into the barrel slot. If you place the bow facing up toward the frame, this will cause the portion of the spring that fits into the barrel slot to lean toward the slide lock. When you field strip your gun with the recoil spring in this position, the recoil spring will be dislodge from the barrel slot from the depressing of the slide lock and possibly gouging the frame when trying to take it apart. This happened to me and I noticed a friend's 26 had a similar gouge in the same exact spot as mine. By the way, if your recoil spring becomes dislodged, it's a mother to get the slide off.

So, if you place the recoil spring in any other position other than the bow facing up, you should be fine. The plastic recoil spring will give you many thousands of rounds of shooting pleasure.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GBob said:
Watching your video, you concluded that the recoil spring is not straight. That apparently is just the way it is. This bowed tendency will cause the gouging of the frame if placed in a certain way into the barrel slot. If you place the bow facing up toward the frame, this will cause the portion of the spring that fits into the barrel slot to lean toward the slide lock. When you field strip your gun with the recoil spring in this position, the recoil spring will be dislodge from the barrel slot from the depressing of the slide lock and possibly gouging the frame when trying to take it apart. This happened to me and I noticed a friend's 26 had a similar gouge in the same exact spot as mine. By the way, if your recoil spring becomes dislodged, it's a mother to get the slide off.

So, if you place the recoil spring in any other position other than the bow facing up, you should be fine. The plastic recoil spring will give you many thousands of rounds of shooting pleasure.
Awesome thanks man. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.