Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I'd like to say hello to the forum community.
Unfortunately, my first post starts with a problem... maybe.
So, I recently bought a new Gen 4 Glock 30. Test firing date is of June this year.
On the pictures I attached you can see that inside the slide there are some scratches caused by the ejector and trigger bar I'm pretty sure.
I don't have so much experience with Glock until now, but I have seen a half dozen disassembled Glocks and no one has similar scratches in that area.
What are you thinking? Do I have to accept that with a new Glock?
Looking forward for your experiences.
Thanks a lot!

Regards neox

[EDIT]
I had to add that I couldn't shoot it yet. So I can't say if that is causing any problems :-/

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
I have a few glocks that have that... It's not a big deal at all. Wont cause any problems, and it's internal so you won't see it like you would on the outside of the slide. My advice, shoot it and forget about it. It's only going to get worse with more and more wear. Polish the top of the ejector too

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick answer, Glockinator19.
Good to here that is seems not to cause any problems. What do you think, is it more a problem of the compact models?
I saw a few standard frame Glocks and I never saw that before. My G17 Gen4 have shoot more than 1000 rounds and I do not see similar scratches :-/

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
Thanks for quick answer, Glockinator19.
Good to here that is seems not to cause any problems. What do you think, is it more a problem of the compact models?
I saw a few standard frame Glocks and I never saw that before. My G17 Gen4 have shoot more than 1000 rounds and I do not see similar scratches :-/
It's just random really... Can happen with any model. I noticed one of mine doing that so I just polished the ejector and it's not bad now. Nothing wrong with it though.

Edit: after further review, i just checked all 5 of my glocks and a few of my dad's and all of mine have that. Not bad but it's noticeable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts