New G26 Gen 5

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by montesf1030, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:08 PM.

1. montesf1030

montesf1030 Active Member

Boom !!!! Was able to pick up the new Glock 26 Gen 5 in one of the local gun shops in Las Vegas [​IMG]

2. Southlake

Southlake Just a Texan is S. Florida. Lifetime Supporting Member

3. L-2

L-2 Member

CA/NV
    You might be the first in the world to own one.

montesf1030 and sigman84 like this.
  4. montesf1030

Can’t wait till Sunday to take it to the range

5. hollywoodntn

hollywoodntn New Member

That’s a sweeet 26 waiting to pick one up myself in TN but learning no stores has them yet. Congratulations on the new firearm ENJOY...

6. helitack32f1

helitack32f1 Member

Awesome! I was just doing a bit of reading and watching videos about that gun. Kinda want one now. Hope ya love it!

7. Gunpowder

Gunpowder New Member

8. durandetto

durandetto New Member

I was gonna pick one up, but it wasn't available yet so I went with g19 gen 5. I was never a Glock fan, but I absolutely love the gen 5. If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back? So I can start saving for one now.

9. montesf1030

10. Skrilla412

Skrilla412 New Member

So what are the main differences from gen4 and Gen5? I have gen 4 and having a hard time noticing any differences other than the slide. I want one just don’t know if it’s worth spending the money on pretty much the same gun.

11. montesf1030

I got the Gen 5 because I traded my G26 last year !!!! Is one of those trades I wish i didn’t do !!! So been looking at picking up another G26 ... So when they announce the new Gen 5 and saw yesterday at the store !!!! Well you know the rest of the story ... I could resist

jamesdo72 likes this.
  12. montesf1030

13. blue_dot_glock

blue_dot_glock Member

i, too, am in the market for a G26. as it happens, i was planning to buy a gen4 mid-december, but it was back ordered at my LGS.

i'm really torn on whether to get a gen4 or gen5--nothing in the gen5 improvements really grab me and i'm sure both of them shoot almost exactly the same.

anyone have the advice that'll tip the scales for me? i've read and watched loads of reviews on the gen5 and am still on the fence.

cheers!

14. Southlake

I like my Gen 3.

Attached Files:

jamesdo72 and montesf1030 like this.
  15. L-2

L-2 Member

CA/NV
    Keep reading, watching, and try to envision yourself as to what G26 Gen to get. There's also still a G26Gen3. If you really can't decide, either don't buy anything or plan to buy both the Gen4 and Gen5. Then you can come back on here and tell us your thoughts regarding this subject.

Here are some of my thoughts after owning the G17 & G19 in Gen4 & Gen5 (& also Gen3, but that's not subject of this thread).

Gen5 has Glock's latest trigger mechanism, slide-lock, ambi slide-stop, and barrel. You already likely know about the front strap w/o finger grooves.

Depending on your needs/wants, aftermarket parts are hard-to-get or unavailable. This usually won't be of concern to anyone unless they wish to modify something or if they break or lose a part.

I've heard on one of the Youtube reviews the G26 Magpul-brand mag had an unknown problem functioning. On my G19Gen5, my Magpul-brand mags often locked the slide back while there was still one round left in the mag. Not having the time, patience, or any definite solutions to fix this, I traded those mags away to a person who'd use them. These Magpul mags worked fine in my G19Gen4, but I wanted all my mags to be reliable in all three Generations of my G19 guns and I had plenty of OEM G19 mags.

If you don't plan to use Magpul Glock mags, then you shouldn't have any problem with mags, so disregard this issue.

helitack32f1 likes this.
  16. Southlake

This thread has caused me to break out my 26 while watching the Jags/Steelers game. Dry firing during football is a match made in heaven.

One thing I’ve always liked about the 26 is how the bottom rear of the frame digs into the palm of my primary hand .

It’s like digging my heals in when deadlifting.

That little bit of extra truly helps to keep the 26 in place.

Attached Files:

17. blue_dot_glock

blue_dot_glock Member

thanks for the thoughts @L-2!

getting two g26s isn't an option for me, so i will keep reading/watching/envisioning and will probably do an a/b of the two when my range has a gen5 for rent. i'm not an aftermarket guy, usually just pop oem night sights on a new glock and call it done. the three included mags are enough for me too, but i have other oem mags for bigger glocks as well.