Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m buying my first Glock, a Blue Label G22 w/ night sights later this week. What type of night sights usually come on the blue label Glocks? Also any tips/tricks, words of wisdom for a first time glock owner would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Glock Forum. Thank-you for your service. I am also a retired fire fighter.
Thank you. Always good to hear from fellow firefighters!

Reactions: Beach Life FJB

·
Registered
97 Posts
The .40 truly does match the power level of the mil-spec .45. So why the major shift in the LE market back to the 9mm from .40?

Several reasons. A. 9mm power/performance has improved enough that the hi-end 9mm load now equals the .40. B. Most LEOs can't shoot as is evidenced by a couple decades now of shoot result analysis showing the bad guys don't drop at fewer shots with the .40 vs. improved 9mms, so C. Why not go back to the 9mm with practice ammo 1/2 price of .40 that is easier for the non-gun enthusiast typical LEO to learn on and have some confidence in and reserve the power 9mms for duty use? and, D. If the LEO IS a good shot under pressure, then the 9mm is now enough gun.

So, not quite what you ask, but unless there is a compelling reason for a Blue Label .40 (like much lower $$ than a 9mm, or you have a low/no cost supply source for .40 ammo), consider the 9mm instead. 1. Way cheaper to shoot with promo target-grade ammo available most anywhere (roughly 1/2 the cost of .40) 2. With way more costly Hi-Performance 9mm +P, the power equal of the .40/.45 as a duty/carry load and a couple more in the gun vs. .40.

PS. Lots of .40 police trade ins on the market as agencies swap back to 9mms...all it usually takes to change a Glock .40 to 9mm is a conversion barrel and a 9mm magazine...side result is .40/9mm conversion barrels are more and more "Out-of-stock--Back ordered".

R.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I’m buying my first Glock, a Blue Label G22 w/ night sights later this week. What type of night sights usually come on the blue label Glocks? Also any tips/tricks, words of wisdom for a first time glock owner would be greatly appreciated!
If it's a Gen 4, the factory night sights are meprolights. They are steel with tritium inserts, and the glock logo on both the front and rear. I have had 3 different sets of them, one on personal carry and 2 being duty weapons. They certainly aren't bad sights for the money. All of mine have held up to some decent abuse. They're not extremely bright, but for the money I'm not sure they can be beat.

I think glock has a couple options this year for the Gen 5. I would imagine they still offer the mepro GNS from the factory, but I can't confirm. My Gen 5 came from glock with the Ameriglo sights and they are very nice. The front is bright orange with a green tritium insert and the rear has tritium inserts as well. The rear dots basically dissappear in bright sunlight because they're kind of subdued with the rear being black, but IMO it's easier to line up and locate that orange front sight during the day.

Hope this helps you some brother. Be safe and take care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts