New from OH

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MaTTuP, Jul 10, 2012.

1. MaTTuP

MaTTuP New Member

Hey everyone. I just bought my first handgun (glock19) & figured this would be a good forum to join. I love this gun, already thinking about getting a 23 next. I've gotten a lot of different advice already on cleaning. I've fired about 100 rounds so far, have not cleaned it yet. how frequently does everyone recommend?
    thanks,
    Matt

2. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Welcome from Michigan...

I clean after each trip to the range and rather enjoy cleaning my Glock 23. Glocks run pretty well when dirty; but I like a clean gun, especially if it is my carry gun.

The Hickok45 method for cleaning works fine for me. His video on cleaning can be found on YouTube or at the link below.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZf4mUM10Vc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

3. MaTTuP

MaTTuP New Member

Thanks alot! I'm bought some cleaner from the gun store yesterday, going to give it a try tonight. Probably going back to shoot later this week, I have a tendancy to shoot down & to the right of where I'm aiming (righty). I've been told that means I'm pulling it when I squeeze the trigger. Any tips on correcting this?

4. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! Try pulling back slightly with your support hand and using a little less finger. That may help. Dry fire practice also helps a lot. Enjoy the forum.

5. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Try taking a look at this...

ForumRunner_20120710_182324.jpg

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Mattup!! Enjoy!

7. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

Welcome from florida. Also when you grip the gun with your strong side hand make sure that slide lines up with your forearm. This will also help in using to much finger. (I had the same problem when I bought my 23 and pulling back a little with my support hand along with what I just stated helped me at least a lot)

8. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum Matt! I Second what Gunner said, I too use Hickock's method of cleaning my Glock. Enjoy the forum and especially enjoy the new 19!:D

9. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum!
    Stick around you will like it here!

10. MaTTuP

MaTTuP New Member

thanks everyone for the advice!

11. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

No problem any time enjoy your new 19

12. ScottyBiddle

ScottyBiddle New Member

What part of Ohio? A Cincinnati kid here

13. MaTTuP

MaTTuP New Member

I'm from Akron, still live there but i work in downtown Cleveland (i dont like Cleveland hence putting up with the 40mile daily commute to/from work lol).

I've never been to Cinci, but i'm supposed to visit next weekend, im supposed to have press pass credentials for the Adrien Broner fight. i'm looking forward to it, i have to stay somewhere down there Friday night. any hotel recommendations that are near the venue?

14. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."