Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just bought my first handgun (glock19) & figured this would be a good forum to join. I love this gun, already thinking about getting a 23 next. I've gotten a lot of different advice already on cleaning. I've fired about 100 rounds so far, have not cleaned it yet. how frequently does everyone recommend?
thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Welcome from Michigan...

I clean after each trip to the range and rather enjoy cleaning my Glock 23. Glocks run pretty well when dirty; but I like a clean gun, especially if it is my carry gun.

The Hickok45 method for cleaning works fine for me. His video on cleaning can be found on YouTube or at the link below.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZf4mUM10Vc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GunnerGSP said:
Welcome from Michigan...

I clean after each trip to the range and rather enjoy cleaning my Glock 23. Glocks run pretty well when dirty; but I like a clean gun, especially if it is my carry gun.

The Hickok45 method for cleaning works fine for me. His video on cleaning can be found on YouTube or at the link below.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZf4mUM10Vc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Thanks alot! I'm bought some cleaner from the gun store yesterday, going to give it a try tonight. Probably going back to shoot later this week, I have a tendancy to shoot down & to the right of where I'm aiming (righty). I've been told that means I'm pulling it when I squeeze the trigger. Any tips on correcting this?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
MaTTuP said:
Thanks alot! I'm bought some cleaner from the gun store yesterday, going to give it a try tonight. Probably going back to shoot later this week, I have a tendancy to shoot down & to the right of where I'm aiming (righty). I've been told that means I'm pulling it when I squeeze the trigger. Any tips on correcting this?
Welcome to the forum! Try pulling back slightly with your support hand and using a little less finger. That may help. Dry fire practice also helps a lot. Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
MaTTuP said:
Try taking a look at this...

Font Line Circle Parallel Symmetry

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mattup!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
210 Posts
GAgal said:
Welcome to the forum! Try pulling back slightly with your support hand and using a little less finger. That may help. Dry fire practice also helps a lot. Enjoy the forum.
Welcome from florida. Also when you grip the gun with your strong side hand make sure that slide lines up with your forearm. This will also help in using to much finger. (I had the same problem when I bought my 23 and pulling back a little with my support hand along with what I just stated helped me at least a lot)

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Matt! I Second what Gunner said, I too use Hickock's method of cleaning my Glock. Enjoy the forum and especially enjoy the new 19!:D

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum!
Stick around you will like it here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ScottyBiddle said:
What part of Ohio? A Cincinnati kid here
I'm from Akron, still live there but i work in downtown Cleveland (i dont like Cleveland hence putting up with the 40mile daily commute to/from work lol).

I've never been to Cinci, but i'm supposed to visit next weekend, im supposed to have press pass credentials for the Adrien Broner fight. i'm looking forward to it, i have to stay somewhere down there Friday night. any hotel recommendations that are near the venue?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts