Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I did, the penetration results are pretty poor, I would imagine the low grain wt/mass just loses to much energy. I wonder if they have a vid on .45 acp? I looked but didn't see one.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
This ammo is intended for "Home Defense" it's designed to help with over penetration. It is designed to not blow through walls and hit someone else in the other room.

I WOULD NOT use this as carry ammo but WOULD use it for home defense in where I had kids in the house and don't want a round to over penetrated and Danger someone in the other room.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
glocknloaded said:
This ammo is intended for "Home Defense" it's designed to help with over penetration. It is designed to not blow through walls and hit someone else in the other room.

I WOULD NOT use this as carry ammo but WOULD use it for home defense in where I had kids in the house and don't want a round to over penetrated and Danger someone in the other room.
Well as the vid shows, it went through 2 layers of sheetrock and still penetrated the ballistic gel block. So.....

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Mike P said:
Well as the vid shows, it went through 2 layers of sheetrock and still penetrated the ballistic gel block. So.....
It's not gonna stop once hitting Sheetrock but prevent through and throughs.

I just think it was designed to not penetrate has much as a standard defense round

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
glocknloaded said:
It's not gonna stop once hitting Sheetrock but prevent through and throughs.

I just think it was designed to not penetrate has much as a standard defense round
I agree but according to the test posted, IMO they dont penetrate enough or inflict enough damage on intended target.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Mike P said:
I agree but according to the test posted, IMO they dont penetrate enough or inflict enough damage on intended target.
I don't think I would use it.

Thanks to the original poster for putting up the video, very informative.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Here's what federal has to say-

"A step beyond traditional home-defense hollow points. The polymer-filled, FMJ-style bullets will not plug with barrier material, enabling them to deliver reliable, devastating expansion and minimal penetration through interior walls."

1 - 20 of 63 Posts