Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been using single point bungie style slings for awhile, they have their draw backs, but they sure are convenient for having to quickly transition to a handgun or to go hands on and get the long gun out of the way. The draw back has always been, for me, that you can't use a single point for an aiming support, and you can't carry over the shoulder for moving long distance when there isn't an immediate threat.

Now I found this, and while haven't laid my hands on one yet, I love the design. best of both worlds.

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG503/120

http://www.botachtactical.com/mams3siqdmum.html

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Have you checked out the vickers tactical 2 point?

Looks pretty good as well.

D

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked out the vickers tactical 2 point?

Looks pretty good as well.

D
Yes, I've seen it, and played with one that a guy I work with uses. I just prefer being able to to a single point on the receiver extension end plate. I find it best for fast transitions and getting the ar15 entirely out of the way onto your back fast. I know Vickers and many other spec ops guys don't like the single point slings, and I can understand that from their point of view, but for police officer/SWAT team deployment I think it is the best way to go.

That said, I know the single point has several draw backs, and that mapul sling fixes that by very quickly converting a single point to a 2 point sling. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks lik a great setup for the best of both slings.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Cool. Was interested in hearing what your thought of that vickers sling.

I like the single mount for weak side/strong side transitions but that's about it.

The way the AR hangs gets in the way some times. Not to mention I can't use it as a shooting aid.

D

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree the single point has alot of draw backs, and is really a very concentrated specific use setup. Its great for standing in one spot being able to super fast come into shooting position, dropping out of the way to go to a handgun, to throw over your shouder and handcuff someone, or switching shoulders for different firing positions. Aside from the shoulder switch and handgun transition those are benfits that don't do much good for the cast majority of people who carry a long gun.

Now the 2 point and even 3 point slings have a ton of benefits, and the only down side to them is being slightly slower to come up to firing position from a comfortable stance and a little slower in getting over the shoulder from ready position to get it out of your way. Both of those 'down sides' are things that most people would never need to do fast anyway.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I have a MS3 and its pretty damn nice. Granted I'm not using it in tactical situations. I dont have the QS model, which is fine since my Sig556 doesnt have that attachement.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A friend just called me to say he wants me to install a magpul ASAP on this new daniel defense M4 v4 so that he can use it for his new magpul ms3...............damnit I am jealous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.